• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

easiest way to clean a clogged head

jwright350

Ok, maybe I'm just dumb and it took me all this time to figure it out.

I had a falcon 46 that sat for about 4 weeks in the back room as we rearranged the shop (making room for an acquity advance!). heads were clogged, cross contamination, etc. I pulled off the damper and squirted a syringe full of cleaning solution directly thru the heads. Worked like a charm! 100% head recovery for free.

I've bought countless heads in the past and I think I was wasting my money. This really works.

I'm having some serous nozzle deflection on my 2606 cyan and tried it. Didn't work on that though. I think there is mechanical damage to those heads. But it did blow open all the nozzles.

Robert M

Print heads

If it is still deflecting after you flushed it, try taking a wiper with some cleaning fluid on it and running it accross the bottom of the head. You may have dried ink causing it to deflect. Go easy as you can also force unwanted material into the nozzels. Do this as a last resort.

randya

You can damage the piezos by pushing fluid, so you will want to be especially careful.

Do a series of head soaks for deflected nozzles.