• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Easymount laminator sh1600 wrinkles

martinow

Hello everyone!

I am having issues with wrinkles in my laminat, and I do not know which knob to turn to fix it.

I tired to talk to my supplier without any luck...

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20210613_165812.jpg
    IMG_20210613_165812.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 264
  • IMG_20210614_183223.jpg
    IMG_20210614_183223.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 195
  • IMG_20210614_183231.jpg
    IMG_20210614_183231.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 198

rjssigns

Tad more feed tension and the laminate needs to be loaded square. Also use a sled when you do the initial web up. My sled is a mill end(48"x10") of 3mm foam pvc. Basically you get the laminate close to the nip point of the lower roller then use the sled to "grab" that edge and get square to the nip point. From there just run it through. I wrote up the procedure a while ago.
Something that works once in a while is you can pull on the laminate through until you see the wrinkles disappear then drop the top roller. Not nearly as good as using a sled.

martinow

rjssigns Thanks for the reply! Feed tensions is the big knob right? I am quite new and my primary language is Norwegian so I dont want to get stuff mixed up.

And what do you mean by sled?

rjssigns

rjssigns Thanks for the reply! Feed tensions is the big knob right? I am quite new and my primary language is Norwegian so I dont want to get stuff mixed up.

And what do you mean by sled?
Tension knob would be the one in line with the roll of laminate. Small black knob would be the one you want.
Sled: Wide piece of scrap material with one square edge. I use 3mm foam pvc(Sintra) 1200mm x 200mm the size of my sled.
You push the sled against the laminate as you feed it between the rolls. This allows you to tension the laminate which removes wrinkles.