• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

eco solvent ink 220cc v 440cc

we got told by our supplier awhile ago that you shouldn't mixup the 220cc carts with the larger 440cc carts, they should all be either 220cc or 440cc.
we have been using the smaller 220cc carts since we got our printer last year and had ordered a replacement 220cc cart but got a 440cc cart by mistake.
now.....can i just put that in the printer or do i need to exchange it for a 220cc cart like the other 3 i already have in the machine?
and if you can't mixup the cc's, why not? i figured it wouldn't make any difference if its a larger cart or smaller cart, as long as its ink!

yeah, i was kinda confused when they told me not to do it, as i thought, as long as its the same ink(we use the roland oem), then, what difference is it going to make!

sfr table hockey

I have the older Rolands CJ 500 converted and I have the 220 refill carts mixed with 440 ml (original carts) and have not had issues.

The point about pressure difference might be the only thing to watch for but you get that when one cart is very low as well. If you ever get ink contamination from one head to another beside it, first thing to check is how low in ink the carts are.

i did ask him when he told me. he said thats what they recommend to do but he wasn't one hundred percent clear on the ins and outs of it, hence my post on here.

MachServTech

I don't think there is an issue with 220 and 440 together in the same machine, there can be issues with 440 carts in some older Roland's that were designed to work with 220 carts.

Colin

I did ask him when he told me. He said that's what they recommend to do but he wasn't one hundred percent clear on the ins and outs of it, hence my post on here.

The trendy term they're all using now is "best practice", when they don't actually know the real details and facts surrounding a particular tech issue.

Colin

Nope. Still using the 440s that came with it. Will replace 'em with 440s, and will never use 3rd party inks.