• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Eco solvent printer left sitting

Sk8erboytyler

I’ve came across an Epson stylus pro gs6000 for a good price. I know it’s older but I’d like to get into printing and this is affordable at the moment. My concern is they told me it’s been sitting for a couple months without running and in the pictures the ink cartridges are installed so I’m worried about all the things that could be wrong with that. What’s your input on how to go about this, cleaning, running, ect. to get it back into production. Also are inks even available for this printer?

I find that users often are not completely accurate in the time the printer has sat for.....it is often years, not months......if you can do a nozzle text, that is going to be a good idea of condition

rjssigns

That printer is a perfect candidate for the inside of a dumpster.

Best way to get into printing is to concentrate on designing then sub out the work. You'll find out in a fast minute if you will be sustainable and can turn a profit.