• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

eCommerce Website

ChrisN

Does anyone have any experience with or recommendations for setting up eCommerce websites? We are wanting to create some sort of online web store, so I am looking for suggestions on which software to research.

We use Cyrious Control, so we tried out Cyrious eCommerce. But we did not like the limited customization, and (ironically) integration with Control was not that great.

So now I am starting to look for something that can be somewhat custom built to suit our needs. Here are some things we are looking for:
  • Sign designer
  • Pricing changes based on customer selected options and customization. (e.g. size, material, add-ons, etc.)
  • Some type of pricing integration with Control (could be as simple as pulling the price of materials, labor, etc. and using that to calculate the website pricing)
  • Create orders in Control when order is placed on website
  • Link online products to existing products in Control
  • Online payment system (e.g. Paypal)
  • Shipping integration

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
You should look into OnPrintShop.com. You would need to have them help you set up an integration between it and control, but I imagine it could be done with their API.

You're probably going to need to get a little more rigid with how you sell your products online though. Having products "Generate" automatically based on material costs and settings in your internal system probably won't happen. You'll need to build the products on your website, and have the orders sync into your internal system with order details.

americanom

I can give you an exact recommendation. I confidently advise you to use Magento. By default, CMS Magento has only functionality for working with standard pages. With their help, the information component of any store is implemented: payment rules, refund conditions, privacy policy, etc. It is possible to create a hierarchical structure for pages and configure custom fields, blocks, and attributes output. Plus, it is possible to choose the display of different templates. You can set SEO parameters for each page: URL and meta tags. A built–in content builder, Page Builder, is also available for this type of materials. Find out more details using atwix.com.

caribmike

Retired with a Side Hustle
I looked at OnPrintShop but it was very spendy. I went with a site from Print Science that is Wordpress and Woo Commerce based. Its way less expensive and totally customizable. It's perfect for commercial printing, large format, apparel and promo products. As a plus, Print Science is based in the US while OnPrintShop is based in India. That may make a difference to some.

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
I looked at OnPrintShop but it was very spendy. I went with a site from Print Science that is Wordpress and Woo Commerce based. Its way less expensive and totally customizable. It's perfect for commercial printing, large format, apparel and promo products. As a plus, Print Science is based in the US while OnPrintShop is based in India. That may make a difference to some.
That looks like what I've been looking for, just as we're about to move over to squarespace...

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I've used both.

Im not sure where you're going with the location they're based at....

Because OPS support craps on print science regardless what country they're from.
I would hardly get a response from printscience. I had one major issue with shipping integration with a shipping plugin we use, the dev wanted to contact printscience to help resolve the issue as it was on their end but they wanted nothing of it.
Not only that, i went out of my way to fix a bug in one of their version for a PDF invoicing plugin they recommend to use, as they put in a direct integration for it. i sent the modified files to them, They rolled out the update with my fix.. but i got no appreciation, no thankyou or anything. ???

Their lack of support made me leave very quick.
Also i had to spend a lot of time making our integrations work properly - important ones like Xero.

but with OnPrintShop, they have a solid chat support and will set up teams to help with any issue you're having and is overall a better system.
All the support team are extremely friendly, and they will not stop until the issue is resolved.
Im not going to go on and on about OPS but it changed a lot for us.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
We were really impressed by the demos of onprintshop as well and everyone has positive things to say about them. Sales people were friendly as well. Cost wasn’t that bad either. The only thing we didn’t like was that 50% of our bus is apparel and it doesn’t cross over well into that but for signs, banners, etc it seems awesome. We had to back off on our plans to go with them due to finances but if we ever get our Employee Retention Credit that we’ve been waiting forever for it’s first on our to buy list.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
We were really impressed by the demos of onprintshop as well and everyone has positive things to say about them. Sales people were friendly as well. Cost wasn’t that bad either. The only thing we didn’t like was that 50% of our bus is apparel and it doesn’t cross over well into that but for signs, banners, etc it seems awesome. We had to back off on our plans to go with them due to finances but if we ever get our Employee Retention Credit that we’ve been waiting forever for it’s first on our to buy list.
There are more dedicated solutions for apparel and i believe you'd be able to use the same platform for banners and signs also.
OPS is great but it obviously doesn't have every answer.
You could set up the HTML5 designer with apparel templates. I know it's possible. It'l be a bit of setting up though.

There are other solutions you could get for that with WordPress/Woocommerce or even shopify.
For example, you can get something as cheap as these WordPress plugins.
or

There are heaps of others. those are just 2 i found that had a lot of downloads.

The good thing about W2P SaaS solutions is there's less setting up the store theme etc, and it's more configuring the products. I used to know a bunch but have forgotten them.