• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Econo-corr sign install

L Town Graphics

Making a 2'x6' sign for a customer. It is being installed to a Local little leagues main building. The building is wood sided (more or less a large shed). I was wondering how the pros would install this sign? This is my first one so any help would b appreciated.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You might want to use a washer with that screw, so it doesn't pull through.

Quick question,,,, why worry about mounting something permanent, when you're using the cheapest and least durable substrate other than paper in the industry ?? Why not step up your game and use something longer lasting, unless this is gonna be taken down at the end of the season, which in that case, just mount it on a post or something and not put holes in a wall for something temporary ??

2B

Quick question,,,, why worry about mounting something permanent, when you're using the cheapest and least durable substrate other than paper in the industry ?? Why not step up your game and use something longer lasting, unless this is gonna be taken down at the end of the season, which in that case, just mount it on a post or something and not put holes in a wall for something temporary ??

+1

L Town Graphics

what type of substrate would you suggest? its going on the building because thats where the space is provided

Gino

Premium Subscriber
To make a professional job, I'd use aluminum composite for starters.

Heck, even a banner would be a better choice than Cor-X...............

J

john1

I know fields around here use polystyrene sheets each year. Works great to be honest.

L Town Graphics

Sorry, my bad. :doh: I thought it stood for economy corraplast. In that case, stay with what ya got, L'town.
if im correct (dont hold me to it) it is a single sided alumacorr. by single sided i mean only one side has a alum face.... not double sided. On that note install? predrilled, screws and washers?

2B

if im correct (dont hold me to it) it is a single sided alumacorr. by single sided i mean only one side has a alum face.... not double sided. On that note install? predrilled, screws and washers?

Read it the same as Gino,

predrilled is not required but does make it easier

make sure your washers are large enough to cover flutes and dont over tighten the screw or will collapse the material.

L Town Graphics

Read it the same as Gino,

predrilled is not required but does make it easier

make sure your washers are large enough to cover flutes and dont over tighten the screw or will collapse the material.
thank you very much sir for the help!