• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Economical wrap kit for box trucks

Salmoneye

In searching for this I am finding conflicting and outdated information. What are you guys using for box trucks. I do not want to have any jobs come back but want the best bang for the $ 4560GTX fits the bill as far as specs go but there was a lot of negative feedback; Are they still having problems? Oracal 3551ra looks good but is quite a bit more money. Flat surfaces with occasional rivets. Any input appreciated.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Lol you know what I think, but its tough and I understand your situation so it could be worth the risk to give the Arlon a chance. If money wasn't an issue then you would go with the Oracal.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
These prices might help, have not heard any reviews on this stuff yet though.

230 AutoMark 2.4 mil Conformable Gloss White
230-54 54"x150' $293.24

231 AutoMark Clear Overlam
231-54 54"x150' $194.06

sghobbies

I've tried all sorts of wrap media. Oracal 3951, 3551. Arlon 6000 DXP? I think it;s called. 3M 180 CV3 and 380 CV3. And even the AutoMark. They all have their place, just make sure the customer knows what they are getting.

Salmoneye

Thanks Big Fish, you always go the extra mile even when it doesn't result in a sale for you. I really appreciate it.

sghobbies

Thave not heard any reviews on this stuff yet though.

We've used the AutoMark. So far, so good. Not sure of it's longevity, but the install was a breeze with this stuff. I would say it has the initial tack of 3M 180 CV3, but seems to stick better after pressure, more like Oracal.

Salmoneye

Morning bump! I am getting ready to purchase. Anyone with any other info about the auto mark? Is everyone liking this as their economical, good performing flat wrap material or is everyone just putting on the high end stuff?

sghobbies

I've even wrapped a golf cart with this stuff, pretty amazing for the price. Not sure how the golf cart will hold up in terms of longevity, but it went on really nice.

speedmedia

We almost always use Oracal 3551 RA and 290 lam on box truck and trailers.

4560 GTX is asking for problems. I think at one time they said it was good for partial wraps but after replacing so many of them after everyone followed their specs they re-wrote that. It should at least be good for a box truck but I wouldn't use that stuff to start a fire.

I guess if you are doing them cheap and don't care how long they last then maybe it is good for you. You would be better off using 3651 with 210 if you don't care how the install looks.

Thanks,
Kurt

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Most of the so called high performance calendared films require a cast laminate. If your using a cast laminate you may as well go with cast vinyl. The difference is about .30 cents a sq. ft.