• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge 2 blew a fuse..

omgsideburns

My Edge 2 shut off the other day and it wouldn't turn on.. pulled the fuses out and they were toast. Put in another set of fuses and it popped them when I flipped the power switch.

Any idea why my edge would decide to start popping fuses when it's been working just fine?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Sounds like a component has a short. Call your Gerber distributor and they can guide you through an onsite repair. You'll probably need to get modules sent in and then switch them out until it works.

smdgrfx

My Edge 2 shut off the other day and it wouldn't turn on.. pulled the fuses out and they were toast. Put in another set of fuses and it popped them when I flipped the power switch.

Any idea why my edge would decide to start popping fuses when it's been working just fine?

That happened to me once. It was from a power surge. Ended up having to replace the power supply. Pretty straight forward.

omgsideburns

Still haven't done this. Is there someone in particular I should call to walk me through diagnosing it, or should I just order a new power supply from somewhere and cross my fingers that's the problem?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Still haven't done this. Is there someone in particular I should call to walk me through diagnosing it, or should I just order a new power supply from somewhere and cross my fingers that's the problem?

I get a lot of my supplies from Advantage Sign Supply ... making me what they term a Gold Club member. That entitles me to free support. When I had a problem like yours, I called them and they had Gerber ship in the possible modules that were bad. We then switched them out, with Advantage support on the phone, one at a time until the problem was fixed. The unneeded components were then shipped back to Gerber. My cost was $175 for the module and the shipping for all.