• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge II Power Supply

MFA

Same Day Signs
We got our EDGE II serviced by Gerber a couple of years ago for $4800. We now seem to have a blown power supply. Denco wants $2400 to send out a new power supply with $700 credit for one returned. Does anyone have any service info on this component or another source for parts? The machine was originally purchased from Denco but we bought it from another signmaker. Even $1700 for this component seems kind of steep. Any help out there?

Laurie
Same Day Signs
Richmond, CA

SAFASTRO

I just got a quote from my distributor, ND Graphics, for a power supply and they quoted me $3600 for the part only. Really???? Crooks!!! But they'll sell me a refurbished LE with a 90 day warranty for $2000 including freight.

I guess I'll order up the refurb, and keep my paper weight for parts. Any leads on someone who can rebuild the power supply?

Billct2

Is the power supply a proprietery component? I would see if maybe it was made by a third party and available elsewhere.

Chad

Power supply

Had a summa plotter where the power supply went they wanted $400 for a new one took to an electronic repair place and they fixed it for $30. May want to try that.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We use "the plotter doctor" for our repairs on our Gerbers here, may want to give them a call.
I would also assume that the power supply, however oddball it is, is NOT only used on that machine.
If you can open it up and take it out, post up what info is on it here and/or take it to a local electronics repair shop.

paul luszcz

We are upgrading our Edge LE next week and are in the process of listing it for sale. It has one dead pixel so it will sell for less the $1700. I have an Edge II here and can check to see if the power supplies are identical. That would make this a great parts "car".

SAFASTRO

Thanks for the reply guys. Quick question......will the power supply from an Edge 1 work in my LE? There's a guy selling one for parts, and his head is shot, but the power works fine. Any ideas? He only wants $500.