• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EdgeFX Cleaning pads?

jfiscus

Rap Master
I've been using these (saturated piece of paper) ThermApproveTM cleaning pads on my edgeFX, but they get expensive. Is anyone else using another prduct without issues?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I use the E-Z Wipe product that comes packaged free with Duracoat and Apex foils. It is like a wet-nap you get in a restaurant except the solvent is 99.7% Anhydrous Isopropyl Alcohol (also called isopropynol). It works fine. You can also use the solvent itself, available at most chemical distributors, applied to a lint free cloth or paper. The main thing is to make sure it is the real deal, 99%+ anhydrous, meaning water-free.

Billct2

I use "Kleen Kloths" search and you'll find a lot of places to buy them.
I get many uses out of one cloth by using it and putting it back in the pouch and sealing with a clamp/clip.
And yes, be very sure whatever you use it is pure, with no water.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Hey Fred....does this mean I shouldn't use 99% isopropyl??

No you're fine. 99% isopropyl and 99% isopropynol are pretty much the same thing. The main thing is not to use the isopropyl alcohol commonly sold as rubbing alcohol in pharmacies. It contains more water than alcohol.

Billct2

After every time I use it, and if I'm doing a lot of printing sometimes after a few hours.
I was told keeping the head clean was one of the most important things to do.

Tel

I don't clean as often as I should, from memory gerber recommend every 5 metres or so and also everytime you change a foil. As Fred says use 99%+ isopropyl as any less will have water in it, what happens is the water drys up and the dirt left behind blocks the hole and you end up with a pixel wide line all along your work, and your left doing nothing but small stickers and trying to miss the line.

regards
Tel