• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EFI Vutek GS3250 LX Pro Serial Server no power

M@CK

Morning all you Vutek pros out there, I'm having an issue with my serial server not getting power, the tech seams to think that the unit is dead, EFI is asking 6500$ for what I see is basically a hub or switch ... that I can get on EBAY for 100$... So my question is this, is this part special ? special firmware or special programming in it ?

Kindest Regards y'all !

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
From my experience with Vutek over the years, it typically IS proprietary. Though there are parts outlets that carry used or refurbished items. May want to google and shop around.

netsol

if i am following you, you have a vutek ethernet to serial device that IS CERTAINLY DEAD, by your own description

never touched a vutek, but have done quite a bit with digi equipment.
can you post a mdl and serial # ?

a picture of what you have wouldn't hurt either
wyldgfi and i are both in new jersey, so, happy to help but

it won't be as speedy as being in front of the equipment

netsol

not to get ahead of myself, bupt did we check power supply voltages?
is power supply seperate? like on a laptop?

M@CK

Hey guys, thanks for all the help.

@ netsol, first thing I did was check the voltage, and it was good.
Someone reached out to me and sold me a genuine EFI part at a steep discount, for a similar printer they don't have anymore, so I managed to get back up and running.

@ WYLDGFI thanks for the info, I will definitely keep there contacts on hand.

FYI: I don't think this part is "proprietary", but in it self is a special part from that part manufacturer, after a bit more research I fond out that the MEI appellation for the part stands for Multiple Electrical Interface and that the Print Console programs it at the first start, So as long that I used a part that was MEI in that same family bracket, my thinking was that its was ok. Guess I will never have find out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯