• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EFI Vutek printer giving intermittent DOOR OPEN errors

PatWhatley

We are getting periodic DOOR OPEN errors from our Vutek printer. Doors are all closed, electrician has verified that the correct voltage is reaching the power board from the door sensors. Power board in the printer was replaced with a new one last week. Printed a weeks worth of orders this morning beautifully but then just randomly popped up with the DOOR OPEN error message this afternoon. On the job immediately prior to this one it did give a LED LAMP ERROR message so we shut down and restarted and it appeared to be working fine but halfway through the next job we got the DOOR OPEN message. Anyone have any ideas before we have to get a tech in to throw parts at it?

richsweeney

It sound like a tired door switch, Have you just tried putting a paper spacer over the switch? I have seen this on several types of machines.

Maxz3241

You can unscrew the sensors and tape them together with some gaffers tape. The sensors aren't seating correctly and the vibrations while running periodically are knocking them out.

PatWhatley

We have bypassed all the sensors, they aren't the problem. Problem is that the power board is okay sending out two volts to the sensors instead of 12. When the power makes the loop and comes back the low voltage reads as a sensor being open. I was hoping someone knew why the voltage was wrong.

PatWhatley

JUST A FOLLOW UP: Turns out that DOOR OPEN is the generic message that pops up when there is a problem the printer can't identify. It turned out to be a voltage issue.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
in much the same way OLD versions of windows displayed NOT ENOUGH MEMORY for every unarticulated error

Peeters

We are getting periodic DOOR OPEN errors from our Vutek printer. Doors are all closed, electrician has verified that the correct voltage is reaching the power board from the door sensors. Power board in the printer was replaced with a new one last week. Printed a weeks worth of orders this morning beautifully but then just randomly popped up with the DOOR OPEN error message this afternoon. On the job immediately prior to this one it did give a LED LAMP ERROR message so we shut down and restarted and it appeared to be working fine but halfway through the next job we got the DOOR OPEN message. Anyone have any ideas before we have to get a tech in to throw parts at it?
Is there already a solutions for your open door errors. I have the same open door error ones or twice a day. A year ago we have also that error and than the powerboard is replaced. But now the open door error is back..

PatWhatley

Is there already a solutions for your open door errors. I have the same open door error ones or twice a day. A year ago we have also that error and than the powerboard is replaced. But now the open door error is back..
Sorry, just saw this. Our issue turned out to be that previous techs had rewired and recoded the machine as work-arounds to other problems so that every time we fixed one thing it was throwing something else off. We ended up having to bring in an independent tech who rewired the printer back to factory setting, reloaded the factory software, and since then the printer has worked phenomenally.