• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Election Sign $$

CentralSigns

How do you price election signs? Town elections. We are at $200 a sheet for coro, cut in as many pieces you want. Just debating weather this is low or high. What do you think, what do you charge? Do you drop pricing for elections. Not much time now to send it out. Any comments may help me decide on a direction to go. I know our second shop in the big city is at $350 a sheet for coro, but they are surrounded by Oil $$$$$$$.

Pat Whatley

$200 for a sheet of coro in mass produced campaign signs?!

Locally 100 18"x24" double sided coro signs will run you about $1.85 each. 500 will drop them to $1.35 each. That's RETAIL year round, campaign or not. See for yourself... http://bushsigns.com/political_prices.htm This isn't some fancy high tec print shop, just a local screen printer.

$200 might work in small quantities if you're only selling a sheet or two at a time but for mass quantities that campaigns use you're not even near the ballpark. However, if you're somehow managing to get that then more power to you...sell the hell out of it!

mobilwraps

i just finished a liberal campaign they ordered 1000 18x24
2 $4.36 each and 230 48x32 @12.05 each and i was competitive with other shops near by

my .02

MikePro

not horrible pricing for a one-off, since there's design, setup, fab, and packaging involved... not really worth your time for even $50 a sheet.
but if you're doing a buttload, i can't see why you can't "sharpen your pencil" to be as competitive as the $2-3 a pop guys that run 1000 at a time.

parrott

Locally 100 18"x24" double sided coro signs will run you about $1.85 each. 500 will drop them to $1.35 each. That's RETAIL year round, campaign or not. See for yourself... http://bushsigns.com/political_prices.htm This isn't some fancy high tec print shop, just a local screen printer.

$200 might work in small quantities if you're only selling a sheet or two at a time but for mass quantities that campaigns use you're not even near the ballpark. However, if you're somehow managing to get that then more power to you...sell the hell out of it!

We compete head to head with Bush signs on a lot of Tennessee political jobs. Pat is correct, political is extremely competitive with thin margins. Unless you are a screen printer (or subbing to a screen printer) you will not be competitive.

Locals Find!

With those quantities you might want to talk to signs365 they can be pretty competitive with price on large orders.

Worth making a phone call at the least. They are also merchant members here.

shakey0818

:goodpost:

royster13

I think the original post needs to be put in context.....He is talking about local municipal elections in a small rural community.....Not likely anyone will order more than a couple dozen signs....

And even if someone did 100+, the time and cost involved in shipping in from the US would eliminate most orders.....

From time to time I sell a few yard signs.....Because of my location on the border, I am able to ship to WA and clear the shipments myself....http://www.glacierwind.ca/yard-signs But they are not a high volume or a high margin item....

CentralSigns

I think the original post needs to be put in context.....He is talking about local municipal elections in a small rural community.....Not likely anyone will order more than a couple dozen signs....

And even if someone did 100+, the time and cost involved in shipping in from the US would eliminate most orders.....

From time to time I sell a few yard signs.....Because of my location on the border, I am able to ship to WA and clear the shipments myself....http://www.glacierwind.ca/yard-signs But they are not a high volume or a high margin item....

Actually Royster he wants pricing on 100 and 200

and if you get beyond the local ellections, i will simply tell you that the money made is on the discounts you negotiate by buying in MASS quantities. when i sold supplies we would deliver multiple SEMI LOADS to printers printing for multiple, major campaigns. you can not compete when you are paying 3.70-4.80+ for a 4X8 when they are paying 1/2 that (0r WAY less) just because of the ammount of inventory they are buying. it truly is possible to make a profit off of discount purchasing in scale that makes it impossible for the smaller shop to compete...IF the job is big enough OR they have enough small enough jobs to use inventory of that magnitude. Throw a pallet of coro in front of an inline uv screenprinter wiht an autoloader and it is simply not possible to compete with a clamshell or ...gulp...god forbid...handpulling, even on a one -arm or even on a flatbed.

focus on smaller local campaigns and there are many other elections other than your race for local mayor, for example union elections, etc.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
How do you price election signs? Town elections. We are at $200 a sheet for coro, cut in as many pieces you want. Just debating weather this is low or high. What do you think, what do you charge? Do you drop pricing for elections. Not much time now to send it out. Any comments may help me decide on a direction to go. I know our second shop in the big city is at $350 a sheet for coro, but they are surrounded by Oil $$$$$$$.

This stuff is our bread and butter. You won't be able to digital print anything over 25pcs for what you can get screen printed signs from us for. Most elections use a 1-3 color sign (Unless they want their face to be recognized).

We have retail price lists that can help you out. Get the order, collect your profit and be done with it.

And to answer your question directly, DON'T discount just because it's election season. Campaigns are sometimes more difficult to work with over other local businesses and they generally need their stuff faster. Also, it's generally a good idea to have a 100% cash up front policy if the candidate doesn't already have a seat. Make up for charging them 100% down by getting them their signs a little faster.