• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

electrical sign cabinet question

cajun312

I'm quoting a job for a State Farm Insurance agent, it's for a 6' wide x 8' tall cabinet.

These are the specs sent by State Farm:
3/16th inch thick, UV-inhibiting non glare clear polycarbonate (example-Makrolon-Sign Grade Matte or equal)

State Farm does not want a pan faced panel in their new signs. Will the material spec be strong enough for a flat panel sign in windy conditions?

thanks,
Mark

Looking at the state you're in you'll probably want to use bumpers, or use a hanging bar that's mechanically fastened to the top, and maybe a few on the sides and bottom concealed by the retainers. Drill the holes of the substrate larger than the fastners to leave some room for expansion and contraction

Single sided or double?

cajun312

Looking at the state you're in you'll probably want to use bumpers, or use a hanging bar that's mechanically fastened to the top, and maybe a few on the sides and bottom concealed by the retainers. Drill the holes of the substrate larger than the fastners to leave some room for expansion and contraction

Single sided or double?

It's double sided.

jeffblair5

Is this a new sign or just new faces? They do allow for pan faces if you are just replacing the faces. I've done over 100 agents in the last year and some new signs even allowed for pan faces. I'd submit your drawings for both pan faces and flat faces and see what they approve.

cajun312

It's a new cabinet. The State Farm agent is trying to get permission to use pan faces but no luck yet. State Farm did turn down her request to use formed plastic lettering on the building as I quoted her back in the spring, they now require cut acrylic letters only, which are more expensive than the formed plastic.

She is not a happy camper at the moment, this job has been dragging on for a year. State Farm is using a new company to come up with specs and they are slow getting things done it seems.

Mosh

I am in Nebraska, I installed a state farm sign on a couple pan faces last summer and didn't have any problems.
Sometimes it is the agent trying to be too anal...

cajun312

I am in Nebraska, I installed a state farm sign on a couple pan faces last summer and didn't have any problems.
Sometimes it is the agent trying to be too anal...

State Farm went with a different vendor late this summer who handles their marketing as far a signage goes amd tjeu introduced new specs, they must approve everything on the job, agent can not approve it.