• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Electronic contract signing

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Hey all,
I'm looking to see if anyone has experience with having their customers sign documents / contracts electronically. We currently use Shopvox for sending quotes. This works OK - email customer a quote, they sign & scan it back to me, along with a deposit (if required). Or I can ask for a PO from larger companies.

My goals in looking for electronic signing solution is the following:
1) More professional appearance
2) More legally binding
3) We could integrate more verbiage - specific sign off points, such as "no electrical hook up provided", etc

I like Shopvox for quoting, but it seems to lack in this department. There is not much room for "contract verbiage". It seems to be more geared for vinyl shops, smaller transactions. We sell a lot of exterior sign projects and lighted signs, sometimes in the tens of thousands of dollars. I know solutions like DocuSign and Jotform could work, but not sure how or if it would be clunky. I'm not fond of having 2 different systems - Shopvox and this e-sign platform, but that might just have to be the case.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Probably not the answer you are looking for, but having two systems for this seems reasonable to me. If you are concerned enough to have a binding contract with details laid out like this, those are probably larger jobs that 1.) Are already "sold" just need to be finalized, and 2.) Complex and custom enough that they need a flexible contract tool.

Leave your jobs under $1500 in shopvox, and build a contract/jotform/etc for jobs over $1500. Or you could determine the style based on complexity maybe.

Hard to find a one size fits all software solution. If you can get down to 2, you're ahead of just about everyone else.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Shopvox has a way of sending quotes out to be approved online, but it is pretty hokey IMO. I signed up for a trial with DocuSign and used it on a project already. It is pretty simple to use. I will definitely be using it for larger and more complex jobs.

Stacy - ShopTracker is very interesting, it looks like it has a specific "contract" section.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Guess I don't understand the actual end results you're expecting and not getting ??

We do quotes and jobs from $125 up to $ 468,000 and have used the same software for the last 24 years. We use QuickBooks. About 20 years ago, I started putting in line items and have Types written in first. Under that are Items themselves, which I can put into sub category areas and I can attach prices or fees to them individually. If I want, I can even break it down and put it into 'Custometer areas', so I can just bring up a customer and use their customized description of whatever item. This will create a perfectly normal quotation, invoices, statements, all kindsa tax revues and more. I add things as I sse fit or need to create new ones. They're totally editable and I can update them in a minute.

As for electronically signing and all that...... sounds nice, but totally unnecessary.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Shopvox has a way of sending quotes out to be approved online, but it is pretty hokey IMO. I signed up for a trial with DocuSign and used it on a project already. It is pretty simple to use. I will definitely be using it for larger and more complex jobs.

Stacy - ShopTracker is very interesting, it looks like it has a specific "contract" section.
Yes, Docusign is widely used and there's a good chance your customers are familiar with it if they've done any kind of banking with buying/selling or refinancing.

Yes, it does have a specific contract section. Most of my jobs are on the smaller spectrum so I don't really use the contract part very often.