• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Employee price error...What would you do?

SignosaurusRex

Like everyone else said...... whoops, it happens. We all make mistakes, take the lumps, tell the customer about the price next time, ask the employee what happened, move on.

I agree, however before you move on.....How about you ask the employee? You say he is a great employee and with that I think you owe it to him as well as yourself to see how he would like to rectify or at least handle the situation. This is a good opportunity for the employee to gain more understanding of the responsibilities that go along with having a business and dealing with mistakes. If he is as great of employee as you say and is responsibly conscientious, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This goes for you and your employee..... :Oops:

Hey, its over with and you need to make sure your customer realizes a mistake was made and you're going to honor it, but in the future it will probably be a little different, due to your employee transposing some numbers or some reasonable fact simile.

My question to you is.... how much of this is your employees fault ?? Is he/she supposed to be quoting customers in your absence ?? Also, did your employee quote from a quoting program, off the cuff or just not understand the transaction ?? I would think someone would realize that they are off by almost 75%. OR............ do you shoot from the hip and are second guessing your employee's more accurate pricing ??

I guess what I'm saying is... are you sure he's that dead wrong and you're that dead on ??

digitalwoodshop

I think you should beat up the employee in front of the customer. He'll pay full price for sure.

LMAOROTFL..... :notworthy:

Enjoy the Dozen Plus pats on the back for doing the right thing and get a good night's sleep. Look forward to mentoring the good employee with the finer points of pricing a job.

AL