• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Enduralam Laminator Speed Issues

hitechsignsny

We have a 65" Enduralam Laminator with speed issues, as soon as we turn the speed knob clockwise the machine kicks in full speed. normally you can gradually increase the speed by slowly turning the knob clockwise until you reach full speed (which is very fast), but know it just goes full speed even if the knob is only slightly turned.
In the picture you can see I removed the right side cover and the speed sensor can be seen with the light on, seems ok but then again how would I know,is there anyway to check if is operating properly? help anyone?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 362
Last edited by a moderator:

kevint2005

I'm having the same exact problem with my enduralam 54" model. Any input or suggestions on what you did to fix it? 3 nights ago mine was working perfectly until the new puppy living in my shop got a hold of some the exposed wires. The next day i tried using without knowing the wires were messed up then the fuse blows where the power cord plugs into the laminator and all my issues are then known to me. After wiring all of the colored wires back together as they were and replacing the fuse, everything works but the speed control. It's either full blast or nothing at all. (stupid dog)

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated

Cheap Wrap Tools

speed knob is just a potentiometer. should be able to replace. im not sure if radio shack exists anymore but they had them as well as a bunch of online retailers. should be some numbers on it denoting its capacity and speed etc.

kevint2005

Thank you, i pulled the side of the laminator off and got some info off of the potentiometer and ordered a new one, i guess if that doesn't fix it, it'll have to be the speed control modue pictured in hitechsignny's image he posted above. Thank you for the help so far on this issue

kevint2005

After replacing the speed control potentiometer, it was still doing the same thing, zero or full blast. I then popped the speed control module off and took the plastic cover off and part of it was burnt where it got hot/shorted out or whatever. It wasn't damaged too terribly so I soldered the wire back into the spot it initially was connected to and sure enough, works perfectly again. Just wanted to follow up on this thread since the owner of the thread never did or never did respond to my message.