• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Engraving business heating up! (see photos)

threeputt

As some of you know we recently (last year) added a complete service engraving, awards and trophy business to our 24 year old sign shop.

Here's a couple of pics of my wife and Sandi (employee) trying to keep up with orders. Neither pic is posed. I just went out there and snapped before they could protest they weren't ready, etc.

If anyone would like to see more photos of our shop, I'd be happy to post.

This is all new to us and we're climbing the rather steep learning curve. (equipment, software, new clients, new type of business)

Attachments

• trophy build room 2.jpg
    trophy build room 2.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 70
  • trophy build room.jpg
    trophy build room.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 56

CanuckSigns

Good to see! We took the opposite approach to you, we started as an engraving shop and gradually got more into signs. I would love to see some more pics of your shop, it's always nice to see how other people have organized their workspace, I always see a few good ideas!

jiarby

Nothing is more fun than a soccer mom dragging 3 kids around with a binder full of screen shots from Dinn Trophy standing in your shop!

threeputt

I would love to see some more pics of your shop, it's always nice to see how other people have organized their workspace, I always see a few good ideas!

Don't have any of the work rooms proper, but here's a few of the front area. We call it our showroom. It's where the actual sales take place.

Picture quality isn't that great.

Attachments

• showroom looking south.jpg
    showroom looking south.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 55
  • showroom looking out.jpg
    showroom looking out.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 65
  • showroom looking north.jpg
    showroom looking north.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 62
  • display counter and cases.jpg
    display counter and cases.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 66

threeputt

We have both. Actually two rotary engravers and one laser.

All Xenotech.

We also have Bible embossers (2), sandblast cabinet, and all the peripheral stuff to get the work out. Edgers, corner rounders, drill press, numerous saws, button making, etc. You know, a full shop.

jiarby

sounds like a hot foil stamper... same as you emboss the ribbons with.

How do you make your plates?

threeputt

what on earth is a "Bible Embosser"?

Yeah, that's just what I'm calling it. (did I mention we're really green in this business?) lol.

It's a bunch of metal dies (letters) that you chuck up in a vice, essentially, which is heated. You use gold foil. (or other color foil)

We bought it separately from a Christian Supply house going out of business because they couldn't compete with internet sales. So I'm told.