• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Envision 375 cutting issue

Will308decals

I am currently having a tiny bit of trouble with my Envision 375 cutting perfectly round circles (see pictures attached), every circle that is cut seems to be more elliptical than circular. I have replaced the cutting strip but have not oiled the machine.

My question to you all, would oiling the machine be beneficial for possibly getting more circular and accurate cuts? And if so, where should I oil? Do I need to take off the side walls/caps on the Envision?

Any input helps,
Will

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 209
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    975.4 KB · Views: 85

netsol

Gerber used to have a guide showing cutting problems and symptoms
Worn, stretched belts, glue built up on the "pins" , lack of lubrication, dust build up, backlash in the gears.

I will look when I get to the office

The only place you're supposed to keep lubricated are the "rails" that the cutting head travels on. If the ovalization is occuring in the y direction that could be the problem.

Will308decals

Gerber used to have a guide showing cutting problems and symptoms
Worn, stretched belts, glue built up on the "pins" , lack of lubrication, dust build up, backlash in the gears.

I will look when I get to the office
That would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Adam.Foster

Will308decals Did you get this resolved?
if not remove the plastic cover on the carriage. Then use a Qtip with 90% or higher IPA to clean the Vertical rails on the left and right side of the carriage. Once clean put 1 drop of 3 in 1 oil on a qtip and apply it to the vertical rails. DO NOT over oil, it only needs a light coating. Run the carriage up and down several times. Then try your job again. It looks like your cutting a thick material with a laminate on it. I would highly recommend slowing down your speed and slowing down the acceleration to almost nothing. This will help when cutting circles as the material wont buckly as much and give a more consistent cut.