• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

.eps file not an .eps?

GoodPeopleFlags

I went to a customer's website to download the .eps version of their logo. It says, "Click here to download .eps version". I click it and it the format is .ps. That's a Photoshop file, right? It's definitely NOT an .eps, unless I'm doing something wrong. Am I? Why do they offer it as an .eps when it's not? In fact, the .jpg version they offer is better quality. This has happened a few times recently. Wanted to check that it wasn't "operator error". Thanks!

luggnut

eps and pdf files can be raster or vector or a combination of both.... the eps is just a "container" for the file so you could save a jpg or psd as a eps or a pdf.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
A .PS file is a Postscript file and may be a vector, a bitmap or a combination. Whatever it contains will be read by ay program capable of opening or importing an .EPS or an .AI file. Photoshop standard extension is .PSD.

GoodPeopleFlags

Ok. I knew raster files can have an .eps extension but I just thought it was strange for a site to offer a .jpg, .tif and .eps versions of their logo when the .eps isn't a vector. I would think it would be. Otherwise, what's the point of offering it? Oh well!

And if I may vent for a moment, would people/companies PLEASE stop naming their logo files "LOGO"! Jeez! :banghead:

GoodPeopleFlags

This one is a really rough raster file. The .jpg version they have available is waaay better so I'll use that. Thanks for the tips, tho! I'll keep them in mind for other files. Thanks!