• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson F6370 Green Colorshift

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
We have an Epson F6370 and have had green color shift across all products such as mousepads, towels & chromalux panels. Purchased in Jan of 2021, at first, it seemed pretty good. Not my favorite coloring but definitely sellable and acceptable.
Lately, I can't get anything to print without a green shift. It's almost seems like the yellow is too strong or the magenta is too weak. I don't use the Epson near as much as our other printers so I decided to drain the magenta ink and put brand new ink in. It was a small improvement but still not sellable.
The same print on my flatbeds, Seikos or Colorado look as they should with correct depth and gray tones. We use Epson Edge Print for the Epson with the included profiles. We use ONYX for all of our other printers and I've never seen this bad of a color shift.
I've attached a good sample. The one on the left is a chromalux panel from the Epson 6370. The one on the right is off my Seiko 104s.

Does anyone have a profile for Onyx I could try before creating my own. I just want to factor out a variable and see if it's the rip or the printer before I dive into the time it takes to create a profile, especially for dyesub chomalux panels.
I do have a Spectrophotometer and have created my own profiles. Just looking to get something a little better as it's not a big part of our business.

Thanks
Jeremy

Attachments

• IMG_4311.jpg
    IMG_4311.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 231

netsol

Premium Subscriber
(1) this is not a problem you will solve with someone else's canned profile

i know i repeat myself, on this point, BUT a dowmloaded profile can compensate for variations is ink chemistry, substrate & the variations of the AVERAGE model printer

IT CAN NOT compensate for variations and quirks in YOUR PRINTER
(since this is most likely where the problem lies, you need to do the work and perhaps you can compensate and bring your machine. back into spec.)

(2) you haven't posted a nozzle check

(3) i believe the nozzle check from service menu would be te one with the most useful information

(4) a good, long head soak would probably be a good starting point

(5). do you agitate your cartridges?

4DPB

We use the 6370 as well. We have experienced the same green shift even when printing with Rich Black. We will be testing some adjustments shortly but everything g was fine till recently. But on some prints we are getting a perfect black. I need ti measure the color mix to see the difference.

Attachments

• f002e726-1fd3-4195-9e61-2196f5a5ec86.jpeg
    f002e726-1fd3-4195-9e61-2196f5a5ec86.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 030b8b38-2f56-40f6-a601-2105c2d32678.jpeg
    030b8b38-2f56-40f6-a601-2105c2d32678.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 72

Grizzly

(1) this is not a problem you will solve with someone else's canned profile

i know i repeat myself, on this point, BUT a dowmloaded profile can compensate for variations is ink chemistry, substrate & the variations of the AVERAGE model printer

IT CAN NOT compensate for variations and quirks in YOUR PRINTER
(since this is most likely where the problem lies, you need to do the work and perhaps you can compensate and bring your machine. back into spec.)

(2) you haven't posted a nozzle check

(3) i believe the nozzle check from service menu would be te one with the most useful information

(4) a good, long head soak would probably be a good starting point

(5). do you agitate your cartridges?
(1) Someone else’s custom profile can still show whether the rip is the problem or the printer. Onyx does not have a canned profile for this machine available through there printer and profile downloader.
(2) Perfect nozzle check. Always have had one. Great thing about this printer.
(3-4) Don’t really need to do this since I have a perfect nozzle check.
(5) This machine does not have cartridges. It only has an agitator in the black ink and that is done regularly.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
you are rejecting the procedure deigned to compensate for this type of problem.
OF COURSE if i had an alternate profile, i would try it first BUT YOU DON'T

good luck with your problem.

Grizzly

you are rejecting the procedure deigned to compensate for this type of problem.
OF COURSE if i had an alternate profile, i would try it first BUT YOU DON'T

good luck with your problem.
Thanks for your suggestions. You're right, I don't have a different profile, this is why I am asking a forum of printers for one.
That's what this forum is for, not sure why you're yelling at me.