• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson GS-6000

stoneandtle

Just bought a Epson GS-6000 after seeing it demo'd at the SEMA show in Vegas - doesn't arrive for another couple weeks.

Has anyone used this printer? If so, any pointers what to avoid or even positive feedback about it? Looked great at the show LOL

heyskull

I don't know if I would buy a machine because of how it looked at a show.
I guess they made it look all sparkly.....LOL

After looking at pictures of the Epson GS-6000, it looks the same machine as our Mutoh Valuejet 1604 and just has a different display.
I will put this out to question is it a Mutoh Valuejet with a bit of badge engineering?

SC

stoneandtle

I say it looked great in that they printed a design on vehicle wrap vinyl and installed it right there on the car in their booth. The images it produced were awesome and they say it doesn't require an air filtration system (but I'll have one there anyway).

jmcnicoll

I'm running a GS 6000 and love it! Thing prints great all the time!

Make sure your take up reel is level with the machine.

There is a green ink issue and a belt problem they've had, but service is here within a day or two fixing it. Even when the green clogs it still prints fine.

jim

jfiscus

Rap Master
I believe the green issue was fixed with a driver update (search here may find the final answer), as stated, set it up level, then check again. Haven't had any trouble out of ours yet (10 months). Prints great & it's very fast.

heyskull

I have just noticed it's an eight colour machine.
Does this machine have 2 Epson DX5 printheads or have they used something different?

SC

parrott

We bought one in August and it has been great. Very low maintenance, excellent print quality and incredible color gamut. We have printed on a ton of different medias, all with great success. Fantastic machine!

Rooster

I have just noticed it's an eight colour machine.
Does this machine have 2 Epson DX5 printheads or have they used something different?

SC

Single head machine, new model DX5 heads. Same number of nozzles as the older ones like in the JV33 but closer together for a higher print head resolution.

Case

Single head machine, new model DX5 heads. Same number of nozzles as the older ones like in the JV33 but closer together for a higher print head resolution.

The Epson GS6000 has 2 DX5 heads.......That's a fact...

Case