• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S40600 week ago only 1 spot missing on Nozzle check on Magenta....Now a week later alot and prints look like crap

funnyb0nz

So I have an Epson S40600 that is almost 3 years old. I have had 1 nozzle on M2 that was bad. No issues printing. Did alot of printing a week ago, and only the 1 nozzle looked bad. Now a week later, did nozzle check and alot of M2 is missing. Prints look like garbage. I did maintenace clean, and also light and heavy clean on nozzles. Still no improvement, does this mean time for new head?
Head doesnt look too hard to replace, but heard that you need software?

Anyone have any suggestions? Also does anyone happen to have the service manual and the software needed to do your own printer head repair?

Thanks in Advance!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Sounds more like a worn out cap top to me. It's probably just not sealing up well anymore so cleanings won't do anything.

funnyb0nz

change the captop(s)
they are a maintenance item, should be changed periodically
Do you have part number? Grimco does not show this, the only maintenance items are flushing pad, wiper unit, grease for the bar, filters, and 42.00 jug for waste ink. (I just reuse mine after empting it).

So I called Epson today and esplained to them issue, they agreed its not the printer head that its either caps, dampner, hoses. They quoted a one time fee of $2600.00 they are letting Precission One quote, saying that it may be cheaper through them.

funnyb0nz

So I have an Epson S40600 that is almost 3 years old. I have had 1 nozzle on M2 that was bad. No issues printing. Did alot of printing a week ago, and only the 1 nozzle looked bad. Now a week later, did nozzle check and alot of M2 is missing. Prints look like garbage. I did maintenace clean, and also light and heavy clean on nozzles. Still no improvement, does this mean time for new head?
Head doesnt look too hard to replace, but heard that you need software?

Anyone have any suggestions? Also does anyone happen to have the service manual and the software needed to do your own printer head repair?

Thanks in Advance!
UPDATE #2: So got a quote from the company that Epson uses. $3152. total They would sent a technician out with these parts: Print Head, Pump Cap Assembly, Duct/CR Assembly, and seal rubber (PN 1815023).
So with that being said, I've been working on computers since the 80's. I have the Epson service manual, and I have the service program comeing to me. I spoke with Russ over at Compass Micro, and ordered the pump cap assembly. That is what the manual states with my issue. So start on the least expensive part, and I'll work my way up to the print head if need be, however cant see that being the issue. I'll keep everyone updated, as it looks like alot of Epson users have had similar issues (also on an Epson FB group).

Tatonka

UPDATE #2: So got a quote from the company that Epson uses. $3152. total They would sent a technician out with these parts: Print Head, Pump Cap Assembly, Duct/CR Assembly, and seal rubber (PN 1815023).
So with that being said, I've been working on computers since the 80's. I have the Epson service manual, and I have the service program comeing to me. I spoke with Russ over at Compass Micro, and ordered the pump cap assembly. That is what the manual states with my issue. So start on the least expensive part, and I'll work my way up to the print head if need be, however cant see that being the issue. I'll keep everyone updated, as it looks like alot of Epson users have had similar issues (also on an Epson FB group).
I'm following this, as our epson S80 has just started having some banding issues after 4+ years, and it looks like the head 2 isn't putting out enough ink based on the color of the ink in the caps.

I can repair every other printer we have without any issue, but haven't had to tackle anything with the epson yet. Assuming the service manual is relatively well written and the service program is available, I assume I could fix this too.

funnyb0nz

Update #3: So replaced the Pump Cap Assembly; That did not do anyting. So seeing how now it is either going to be the head or Duct/CR asembly, I am going to remove the existing and soak it in ink cleaner and use a sirenge to suck back up anything in print head. As my M2 it seems to move around all the time, so guessing something is in there. So seeing how I may have to replace it anyways, going to give this a shot. You do need the service program for those 3 parts. The chineese have it, i was fortunate enough to have buddy that is in printer repair industry and gave me his copy. I can't let anyone have a copy of the software as it is registered to him. It is available on ebay, just not sure what version is out there.
Stay tuned, I'll let you know what resolves this, so maybe in future you dont replace all 3 parts and spend big money. It took about 1 hr to do entire process for Pump Cap Assembly.

lora

Update #3: So replaced the Pump Cap Assembly; That did not do anyting. So seeing how now it is either going to be the head or Duct/CR asembly, I am going to remove the existing and soak it in ink cleaner and use a sirenge to suck back up anything in print head. As my M2 it seems to move around all the time, so guessing something is in there. So seeing how I may have to replace it anyways, going to give this a shot. You do need the service program for those 3 parts. The chineese have it, i was fortunate enough to have buddy that is in printer repair industry and gave me his copy. I can't let anyone have a copy of the software as it is registered to him. It is available on ebay, just not sure what version is out there.
Stay tuned, I'll let you know what resolves this, so maybe in future you dont replace all 3 parts and spend big money. It took about 1 hr to do entire process for Pump Cap Assembly.
Hello there. I hope you fixed all your issues with epson printers. Do you have a service manual for S40600 model by any chance? If so, do you mind sharing it?
Thanks