• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S60600 missing 1 nozzle

Mata

Hi

I can't seem to get back 1 missing nozzle on the black. I've tried a heavy clean and now a medium clean but it's not shifting.

Anything else I can do?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If it's a new head, give it 24 hours as little bubbles can build up during the fill up that stop nozzles from firing properly. If it's older, try doing a head soak. if that doesn't fix it, it's probably physically closed.

Mata

Thanks

It's a old head but 99.9% working perfectly, it's just that 1 single nozzle.

How do I perform a head soak or is it worth just leaving?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'm not 100% sure on an Epson but I work on all Epson based machines. Usually I just bend the tube coming out of the cap top and put some tape around it to keep it closed shut. Then fill the cap top with cleaning solution and park the head. Maybe someone who has done it on an Epson can shed some light. Some machines even have an auto head soak mode that does it from the menu so you don't have to take things apart. At the end of the day 1 nozzle shouldn't really affect the print much but it's up to you.

Bly

We had a bit of warranty left on our 60600 so called the dealer and said we have 1 nozzle out and they replaced the head.
The new head also has 1 nozzle out. It doesn't cause any print qulaity issues so we didn't worry about it.

ProColorGraphics

I had this on my S80, about 4 years old. I always had perfect nozzle checks, then black started to go out slowly. Then got an error which lead to a head replacement.

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
I know I've spoken to Jim in the past and he has let you know to clamp off the hose.
I use Forceps which are also used in surgery on blood lines! I began using these when instructing UV customers how to change ink filters without dripping ink out all over.

I sell Epson printers but they won't allow me to service them but the best bet is to soak the head as described above.

My high volume customers go to the ColorPainter M64s which was created by Seiko 7 years ago and now Mimaki carries it.
Has 7 heads each with 512 jets and you can run Auto Jet Mapping and it can map out up to 10 jets per head!

Bruce
631-520-3074
Bruce@melloimaging.com