• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Epson S80600 and Onyx

Carlos Lousada

Hello
I'm new to this printer and this rip.
I felt it was very difficult to get the grays right. I use the EpsonWideCMYK_Ver2.icc profile but the colors are far from what would be expected.
When grays are darker, they look a little greenish.

What profile do you recommend or what are the rip settings?

Thanks

netsol

a profile that YOU BUILD is the only one...
a canned profile can compensate for variations in ink, in substrate and minor variations in machine to machine

they are not psychic, the only way you will get a perfect grey is to run through the procedure of building a profile

you don't mention where your profile came from. did you download from the manufacturer who,made whatever you are printing on?

Carlos Lousada

a profile that YOU BUILD is the only one...
a canned profile can compensate for variations in ink, in substrate and minor variations in machine to machine

they are not psychic, the only way you will get a perfect grey is to run through the procedure of building a profile

you don't mention where your profile came from. did you download from the manufacturer who,made whatever you are printing on?
I am using the profile that comes with the printer

netsol

PERFECT WORLD, you buy and XRITE I1 and build your own
then all the colors are "perfect" (within the limits of user error, condition of your printer, etc)

our roland never gave us a true fire engine red, for example & the greys were not perfect, until we did our own profiles

the profile you download from the printer manufacturer shoots for MIDDLE OF THE ROAD of all the substrates you can print on, unless they specify a particular vinyl...

the profile FOR YOUR EXACT PRINTER & THE SUBSTRATE you are printing on comes closer

THERE IS NO WAY a downloaded profile can tell condition of your printhead, captops, etc

that being said, we can often go into flexi and drag the curve one way or the other to make a color correction JUST FOR ONE PARTICULAR PRINT

unclebun

I just started using an S80600, and have found the canned profiles I am using a pretty much spot on and the grays are perfect. However I am using profiles from the vinyl manufacturers. I got them from the Epson Edge Dashboard and from the vinyl manufacturer websites, not the Onyx printer and profile downloader, which has practically nothing.

I also have an S70670 and found the same to be true, although for that machine I did make my own profiles for outdoor signs that did not use the orange ink, which faded too fast.

Carlos Lousada

I just started using an S80600, and have found the canned profiles I am using a pretty much spot on and the grays are perfect. However I am using profiles from the vinyl manufacturers. I got them from the Epson Edge Dashboard and from the vinyl manufacturer websites, not the Onyx printer and profile downloader, which has practically nothing.

I also have an S70670 and found the same to be true, although for that machine I did make my own profiles for outdoor signs that did not use the orange ink, which faded too fast.
I use substance material and I've already used their profile but the colors come out a little dead

Carlos Lousada

PERFECT WORLD, you buy and XRITE I1 and build your own
then all the colors are "perfect" (within the limits of user error, condition of your printer, etc)

our roland never gave us a true fire engine red, for example & the greys were not perfect, until we did our own profiles

the profile you download from the printer manufacturer shoots for MIDDLE OF THE ROAD of all the substrates you can print on, unless they specify a particular vinyl...

the profile FOR YOUR EXACT PRINTER & THE SUBSTRATE you are printing on comes closer

THERE IS NO WAY a downloaded profile can tell condition of your printhead, captops, etc

that being said, we can often go into flexi and drag the curve one way or the other to make a color correction JUST FOR ONE PARTICULAR PRINT
Okay. I'll talk to our supplier to make us a profile for our printer then

unclebun

Did the company that you bought the printer from set the printer up for you and show you how to use the RIP? Is your file creation software set up to export the files correctly with the correct profiles? Are you using the right colors in creating your files to get good output or are you just relying on what you see on the computer screen? Did you set up your Quick Sets in Onyx to run the printer at ideal settings? What version of Onyx are you using?

Carlos Lousada

Did the company that you bought the printer from set the printer up for you and show you how to use the RIP? Is your file creation software set up to export the files correctly with the correct profiles? Are you using the right colors in creating your files to get good output or are you just relying on what you see on the computer screen? Did you set up your Quick Sets in Onyx to run the printer at ideal settings? What version of Onyx are you using?
I'm using version 18, and it didn't show anything, what I know (Little) was from discovering it myself

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
Unclebun is accurate if you bought the printer from the right dealer they would set it all up for you.
What we have done for 25 years has been to include vinyls in the sale and spend a day or 2 profiling these medias in slow and fast modes and we end up with extremely loyal customers.
Bruce

Jeppe.Nielsen

The EPSON Wide CMYK profile is for boosting colors in CMYK files only, it is not intended for general usage. Download any profile from the Dashboard and send it to your printer to any available slot. Afterwards you can retrieve that profile in your Onyx software. Contact your local Onyx/Epson dealer for more help. If they cannot help you then they are not a trained supplier of equipment and software. Luth Gruppen AS, Norway. has lots of experience with this.

mim

0_o
We also have issues printing greys, if you use a Pantone color it should come out accurately but the CMYK can be all over the place.

ONYXtechtips

Hello
I'm new to this printer and this rip.
I felt it was very difficult to get the grays right. I use the EpsonWideCMYK_Ver2.icc profile but the colors are far from what would be expected.
When grays are darker, they look a little greenish.

What profile do you recommend or what are the rip settings?

Thanks
Something that would help out quite a bit would be to Recalibrate the profile. It appears that the print condition the profile was created in is quite a bit different than your print condition. If you were to relinearize by using the Recalibrate tool, your greys should be more neutral. Creating a specific profile for your print condition would be the best solution.