• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S80600 Circulation Pump

Jordan

We had an extended power outage over the weekend and most likely, our circulation pump needs replacing. Has anyone done this before? I assume I need some sort of tech software to perform tasks that the main display can't, like emptying and refilling the ink lines. What am I looking at for this type of repair? I really don't want to pay someone $3800 to come and repair it when I'm perfectly capable mechanically.

mim

0_o
I don't know about the repair, but what makes you think that it needs to be replaced? We had an extended power outage, about 4 days, and I was really worried that the machine would be ruined. When I powered it back on it circulated ink repeatedly for ~15 mins (maybe more? I forget) and eventually sorted itself out.

Jordan

We have a specific message on the display: Maintenance Request Replace Parts Soon 00000400

This translates to the circulation pump according to a deep dive into error and maintenance messages.

cmoist

400 states the circ pump is near the end of life. Prob not related to the power outage. It looks a little involved, but not terrible. You'll need to get the part somehow, then you'll need the service program to reset the life counter to get rid of the message.

netsol

400 states the circ pump is near the end of life. Prob not related to the power outage. It looks a little involved, but not terrible. You'll need to get the part somehow, then you'll need the service program to reset the life counter to get rid of the message.
or perhaps change the pump, ignore the message, for now & try to get the software,,,