• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Epson S80610 MEtallic silver help

Hameed

Hi
I just got a new Epson S80610 last month and it is a great machine, my only problem with it is that no matter what I do I cannot get it to print MEtallic silver.
The printer comes with Onyx RipCenter which does not support spot colors, so my only choice was to create separate channels for Metallic silver as the manual says...but again no matter what I do the metallic silver will not print.

Anyone got any tips or a detailed tutorial on how I get it to work?
If someone has a sample Photoshop file that I can try that also would be great.

Please help

Quark

Merchant Member
We have same machine but in regular color configuration. My only guess is to try full illustrator workflow to test - create new vector file in illustrator, create and properly name a spot color, save as a PDF and try that if it changes anything

jfiscus

Rap Master
You HAVE TO name the name the spot color correctly as "Spot1" in your vector file for the RIP/printer to know to use the spot ink.
In your rip you have to use a media profile that includes the spot color.
I think the silver ink sucks, we had it in our last 2 printers but on our most recent one we just went with dual CMYK.

Tatonka

You HAVE TO name the name the spot color correctly as "Spot1" in your vector file for the RIP/printer to know to use the spot ink.
I think the silver ink sucks, we had it in our last 2 printers but on our most recent one we just went with dual CMYK.

not necessarily, you can name it whatever you want as long as you also change the setting in the RIP. I've got my white set as epsonWHITE in illustrator, and I just told onyx that Spot1 corresponded to epsonWHITE.

Hameed

Attachments

• 2018-11-16 21_50_48-Epson.png
    2018-11-16 21_50_48-Epson.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 302

Hameed

I think this could be it...I thought the default name is Spot01 not Spot1. Can you confirm?
Another thing in the manual it says Spot1 is for White and Spot2 is for silver....Is this correct?
My setup is 10 colors and I only have a silver tank installed and no white, so to use I should name the channel as Spot1 or Spot2?

Sorry for all the questions but the ink tank is almost empty and I still did not manage to print Silver correctly!

Hameed

not necessarily, you can name it whatever you want as long as you also change the setting in the RIP. I've got my white set as epsonWHITE in illustrator, and I just told onyx that Spot1 corresponded to epsonWHITE.
Do you use Onyx RipCenter or another version of the rip?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Since you can't run both white and silver at the same time, I would assume that Spot1 should suffice for either.
It should just pull ink from the 10th channel whether it be white or silver (whatever is installed at the time).

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
How about your profile? You need to have the right media It should have "MS" in the name, for metallic silver.