• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wanted EPSON SURECOLOR 80600 LEAK - REPAIR NEEDED

jessica pappalardo

Onyx tech needed!!
Hi

We have an Epson 80600 that is leaking ink - it is apparently a known issue, commonly experienced by epson owners. I am trying to locate parts or a repair technician outside of D1 as I have heard terrible things about their service. Any help would be appreciated.

unclebun

There is nothing wrong with Epson service. It's just expensive and weird to use because you talk to Epson HQ who direct what will be repaired and then dispatch Decision One.

CanuckSigns

When I dealt with Epson for warrantee work on our S80600 it was awesome, they avernighted enough parts to basically rebuild the printer, the tch showed up the next day, fixed the issue and took all the extra unused parts back with him, no waiting on the tech to diagnose, order parts and come back, 1 visit and done.

jessica pappalardo

Onyx tech needed!!
When I dealt with Epson for warrantee work on our S80600 it was awesome, they avernighted enough parts to basically rebuild the printer, the tch showed up the next day, fixed the issue and took all the extra unused parts back with him, no waiting on the tech to diagnose, order parts and come back, 1 visit and done.
I have been told by 3 different people that D1 diagnoses by replacing parts till the problem is fixed at the clients expense. They start with the head then go from their. :( We bought a Summa DC5 through airmark, it never properly worked so they swapped it out with the Epson 80600, but because it was swapped out by them we had no warranty as they bought it and I resumed paying the summa loan. It was a mess :(

jessica pappalardo

Onyx tech needed!!
this is what is leaking - looks to be a simple part replacement. I will see if Epson will sell the part to me

Attachments

• IMG_1247.jpg
    IMG_1247.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 271

unclebun

They won't sell you the part. They won't sell anybody the part. Is this machine under warranty? If so, then there's no reason not to have them come. Even if not, having them out to fix it is not the end of the world, and it will be done by Monday if you call them now.

jessica pappalardo

Onyx tech needed!!
They won't sell you the part. They won't sell anybody the part. Is this machine under warranty? If so, then there's no reason not to have them come. Even if not, having them out to fix it is not the end of the world, and it will be done by Monday if you call them now.

We bought a Summa DC5 through airmark, it never properly worked so they swapped it out with the Epson 80600 (after a year of back and forth and thousands of dollars paid into it), because our Epson was traded/swapped with the DC5 by airmark, we had no warranty as they bought it and I resumed paying the summa loan. It was a mess - I literally just bought ANOTHER Epson 64" 80600 to have up and running so that while this one gets fixed I have a back up in case they say parts aren't available after they disassemble it or they don't properly fix it. (again, I have heard horror stories on d1, just replacing parts shooting at the hip, not properly fixing it just running a tab) As of now the printer is printing, just has the bad leak but hasn't compromised too much on the print side. We have a Roland large format printer but if the Epson is down it would cost my business tremendously. Hence the new machine, but naturally after I bought it and paid for it, I was told grimco cant send anyone out till 8/13 to set it up! so now my new 64" sits and waits while I hope this current one keeps going.

greysquirrel

Its not horror stories...Canuck is correct, Epson HQ fields the call...they are great with application, rip, media, environmental and diagnosing issues...D1 is just the "tool" that comes onsite to repair what they find is damaged. Yes they will bring additional parts. Yes they replace and follow the issue to its source. Yes this is time materials and money....Are you sure you cannot contact the reseller that sold you your latest S80 to see if they can sell you a warranty for your original unit? It may be worth a call because of the swap you experienced...someone should have offered you an extended warranty.

There are 2 epson authorized repair dealers on the east coast...BenSak and Diversified Display...maybe they ca get you parts...

unclebun

Just call them and get it fixed. Your stubbornness is costing you time and money. I have only had one experience where Decision One didn't do it right, and that was because I got an old tech who refused to replace a head like Epson had ordered, and they had to send another tech two days later when his "fix" failed. Epson had sent all the correct parts, but he didn't use them. Every other time I've had them out, later on my dime, has been a great experience, and the techs are always careful not to waste my money and do things for no reason or just because the book says to replace parts which aren't broken.

jessica pappalardo

Onyx tech needed!!
Just call them and get it fixed. Your stubbornness is costing you time and money. I have only had one experience where Decision One didn't do it right, and that was because I got an old tech who refused to replace a head like Epson had ordered, and they had to send another tech two days later when his "fix" failed. Epson had sent all the correct parts, but he didn't use them. Every other time I've had them out, later on my dime, has been a great experience, and the techs are always careful not to waste my money and do things for no reason or just because the book says to replace parts which aren't broken.

Its not stubborness (so please dont judge, you dont even know me!), its the fact that right now I am still able to use the printer and do not want to risk it being looked at and out of commission. LOL, your story of that tech that wouldnt do the job is added to my list of stories about d1!
The window fell off the head months ago, they quoted $1800.00 to fix it - I ordered the part and got it installed in under 5 minutes for $200.00 (this was after the leak started - and not leak related)
I am simply trying to get advise from the community to see if anyone else has experienced the problem. Once my new epson 80600 is set up I will have to call Epson and get this one fixed, just exploring any other options in the mean time, not wasting time. Thanks for your help bud.

netsol

jessica,
sometimes the epson warranty experience mirrors your experience with under warranty car repair with a parts changing mechanic, but it can often go smoothly

greysquirrel

You would need to find a third party parts supplier like digi-print who has a terrible rep in the community. No reseller unless service authorized can access epson parts to even sell to you. Typically they won't because they obviously want to perform the service...its how they earn a living these days. Did you call the two east coast companies like I suggested? That may be your only option.

Signed Out

You would need to find a third party parts supplier like digi-print who has a terrible rep in the community. No reseller unless service authorized can access epson parts to even sell to you. Typically they won't because they obviously want to perform the service...its how they earn a living these days. Did you call the two east coast companies like I suggested? That may be your only option.

DO NOT BUY FROM DIGIPRINT!!

Have been fighting with them for 3 months to get refunded for a part that took them over a month to ship to us. We tried canceling the order before we got the part because we needed it quicker. Month later the part came in. We contacted them got a return shipping label, returned the part immediately, and have been fighting with them ever since. Very shady company.

Greg Kelm

www.cheetaprint.com
Try compassmicro.com I ordered a printhead through them for my 80600 and got it 2-3 days later. Brand new OEM part from epson.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Are Digiprint still having issues after the Lexjet takeover? I would have assumed things would have been on the up.
We haven't had to order from them in a while so unsure of current conditions.