• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EPSON SURECOLOR P5000

Ramz

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has come across this error message - Call For Service - Code 1433. Power off and then on. If this doesn't work, note the code and call for service. This usually happens halfway through a cleaning process. We had no luck with any service techs locally. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Hmm, on the S80600 is shows the following. Not sure if applicable to the P5000 also:

upload_2021-1-19_8-3-30.png

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Epson does the "End of service life" on a number of parts that don't need it. Just reset the counter and you should be good. Try this from the T-Shirt forums:

"The trick is that in Epson 4880 there's also second service menu "Self testing 2" , and that's the place where you can find option to reset any counter in Epson 4880 (or NVRAM things etc.) - you can acces this menu by pressing and holding: <pause> + <down> + <right/menu> and then <power ON>, look there for option "reset counters", choose counter you want to reset and press <right/menu> button to EXEC."

Ramz

Epson does the "End of service life" on a number of parts that don't need it. Just reset the counter and you should be good. Try this from the T-Shirt forums:

"The trick is that in Epson 4880 there's also second service menu "Self testing 2" , and that's the place where you can find option to reset any counter in Epson 4880 (or NVRAM things etc.) - you can acces this menu by pressing and holding: <pause> + <down> + <right/menu> and then <power ON>, look there for option "reset counters", choose counter you want to reset and press <right/menu> button to EXEC."

I had no luck getting access to the above menu to reset the counters. Maybe it is different in P5000 version.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
The next step will be to get the Adjustment Wizard program for that model of printer. You will need to search online to find it.

Ramz

Finally I got into the self testing menu. I got into by holding down the <right menu> <down><ok> and press the power on once and let go but keep holding the other three keys. Comes to self testing menu 1. Mecha Adjustments 2. Life. Any idea what to do next.

Last edited: