yannb

Attachments

• Epson-Surecolor-SC-V70008.jpg
    Epson-Surecolor-SC-V70008.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 248

yannb

Some more details that are not in this video
- soft UV ink (in other words flexible)
- no loss in speed when printing white+color, color+varnish or white+color+varnish
- target quality segment from low to high (signboard to fine art)
- speed up to 43,1 m2/h (464 sqft/h)
- max resolution is 720x1440 dpi
- 8 newly designed print heads in total, 4 pl is the smallest droplet
- quality on par with the SC-S80600, or even higher at more or less the same speeds
- the ionizer is a standard feature
- no display on the printer, machine settings are done on a controller application

An impressive feature set if you ask me, but price hasn't been finalised. I've been told it will be comparable to the competition (entry level flatbed at this size). Should be at the dealers at the beginning of next year.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
“Up to 43 M2/h” sounds pretty slow to me. Even for an entry level - at a high quality mode you’ll get what 3-6 boards an hour?

Christian @ 2CT Media

yours probably has dual rows of print heads?

This epson is on par with single row. The print heads look half the size of a normal UV head.
Yes, that's why I said it's intriguing if it is less than $90k above that there are a multitude of significantly superior options for quality and speed.

mdjamesd

Probably around 80-90K depending on location. The base is 1 piece, and stupidly heavy, so, you'll need to be extra creative to get it into your shop

Alebaba

Alebaba
Update: Pricing has been announced. $79,995.00 MSRP.

Seems pretty competitive to me. For pretty much all Epson's lineup the promotional price is almost always a couple thousand below MSRP. What do you guys think?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Update: Pricing has been announced. $79,995.00 MSRP.

Seems pretty competitive to me. For pretty much all Epson's lineup the promotional price is almost always a couple thousand below MSRP. What do you guys think?
If it is your first foray into Direct to Substrate and haven't built a market yet, this is going to be a good machine for you. If you need Quality at speed because you have a churning pipeline, much like it's direct competitors this machine will be too slow.