• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson's UV flatbed is a fact: SC-V7000

yannb

Attachments

• Epson-Surecolor-SC-V70008.jpg
    Epson-Surecolor-SC-V70008.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 1,076

yannb

Some more details that are not in this video
- soft UV ink (in other words flexible)
- no loss in speed when printing white+color, color+varnish or white+color+varnish
- target quality segment from low to high (signboard to fine art)
- speed up to 43,1 m2/h (464 sqft/h)
- max resolution is 720x1440 dpi
- 8 newly designed print heads in total, 4 pl is the smallest droplet
- quality on par with the SC-S80600, or even higher at more or less the same speeds
- the ionizer is a standard feature
- no display on the printer, machine settings are done on a controller application

An impressive feature set if you ask me, but price hasn't been finalised. I've been told it will be comparable to the competition (entry level flatbed at this size). Should be at the dealers at the beginning of next year.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
“Up to 43 M2/h” sounds pretty slow to me. Even for an entry level - at a high quality mode you’ll get what 3-6 boards an hour?

Christian @ 2CT Media

yours probably has dual rows of print heads?

This epson is on par with single row. The print heads look half the size of a normal UV head.
Yes, that's why I said it's intriguing if it is less than $90k above that there are a multitude of significantly superior options for quality and speed.

mdjamesd

Probably around 80-90K depending on location. The base is 1 piece, and stupidly heavy, so, you'll need to be extra creative to get it into your shop

Alebaba

Alebaba
Update: Pricing has been announced. $79,995.00 MSRP.

Seems pretty competitive to me. For pretty much all Epson's lineup the promotional price is almost always a couple thousand below MSRP. What do you guys think?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Update: Pricing has been announced. $79,995.00 MSRP.

Seems pretty competitive to me. For pretty much all Epson's lineup the promotional price is almost always a couple thousand below MSRP. What do you guys think?
If it is your first foray into Direct to Substrate and haven't built a market yet, this is going to be a good machine for you. If you need Quality at speed because you have a churning pipeline, much like it's direct competitors this machine will be too slow.

greysquirrel

It’s it was my first unit, I’d look at a vanguard or fluid color with single heads array…then upgrade it at your shop to fuel heads when ready.

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations
I saw this printer a while back, the quality is good. I didn't like one thing that you need to manually place the pins and them remove them when done using which I felt was waste of time. I hope they fix that soon! The speed is decent too for an entry level printer.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I got to see this in action at pac print last week.
It’s a great entry machine -and it’s targeted for the entry market.
It’s not going to have every feature. But the quality is great.
It’s better than Rolland’s new flatbed.

We are less than pleased with ours.

To get good quality text means slowing it way down, colors vary by quality setting (i.e. pms 185 looks different in production quality than in fine), and there is only one color substitution table so color correcting for the different quality settings is problematic at best, and the support from Epson is AWFUL.

So awful that I just asked them a simple question (ink longevity estimates outdoors) and this is the response I got:

"Thank you for contacting Epson regarding your Epson SureColor V7000. It is my pleasure to respond to your inquiry.

I've taken a look through our marketing materials for the Surecolor V7000 and there isn't any information regarding durability and longevity I can provide."

Hell, this is our second machine as the first one couldn't be installed because it was so 'damaged' so they had to send another!

ProColorGraphics

We are less than pleased with ours.

To get good quality text means slowing it way down, colors vary by quality setting (i.e. pms 185 looks different in production quality than in fine), and there is only one color substitution table so color correcting for the different quality settings is problematic at best, and the support from Epson is AWFUL.

So awful that I just asked them a simple question (ink longevity estimates outdoors) and this is the response I got:

"Thank you for contacting Epson regarding your Epson SureColor V7000. It is my pleasure to respond to your inquiry.

I've taken a look through our marketing materials for the Surecolor V7000 and there isn't any information regarding durability and longevity I can provide."

Hell, this is our second machine as the first one couldn't be installed because it was so 'damaged' so they had to send another!
Wow. That is totally the opposite of my experience. Can't really blame the company for damage in shipping.

Are you using the Epson Edge Print RIP? I ditched that as soon as Caldera got me the driver. I only used Edge Print for about a month. I did not care for that at all. With the profiles I made in Caldera, I found my to be fairly consistent between all modes.

FrankW

We are dealers and had one in our showroom (one of the first in europe). After both trying to adjust the printer for good results ourselves with remote assist by epson, and tries of an epson technician too, we have given it back. There are big problems with getting the table adjusted so that the print results are the same over the whole print area. I was two times involved in adjustments, we had different adjustment values over different locations on the printing area. In addition, the machine seems slow.

As far as I know there was a plan that the printer will be replaced by epson, but at the end (again as far as I know) we have stopped offering the V7000 to our customers. Still selling Mimaki in that market.

We are using Edge Print, and that is definitely part of the problem. Am currently looking at a more centralized solution for our various machines so that should make things better.

The 1st's damage may have been in shipping, but it didn't get noticed till it would not set up correctly and none of the test prints would 'tune' in. Took 2 days to find that out.

FrankW, we just had techs out for the same thing! We could not keep quality on the far side of the table so we could only use one vacuum zone for printing. Seems to have been fixed, but they also replaced two of the heads while doing that so it might not have been the table.

We also have a material problem that crops up often, ours can vary by .5mm or more which can't help so Epson is not at fault there.

We have only had this thing since December 2021 and I can see it's potential, but the fight we have with it is unreal and unnecessary.