• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson's UV flatbed is a fact: SC-V7000

FrankW

When looking for example at an old Zund cutting table, you will find an adjustment screw any few centimeters to make the table completely even ... totally different on the V7000. And, in addition, the few screws which are available to even the table are not accessible if you are a midsize european man (perhaps they have dwarfs in the factory).

Advertise IT

We are using Edge Print, and that is definitely part of the problem. Am currently looking at a more centralized solution for our various machines so that should make things better.

The 1st's damage may have been in shipping, but it didn't get noticed till it would not set up correctly and none of the test prints would 'tune' in. Took 2 days to find that out.

FrankW, we just had techs out for the same thing! We could not keep quality on the far side of the table so we could only use one vacuum zone for printing. Seems to have been fixed, but they also replaced two of the heads while doing that so it might not have been the table.

We also have a material problem that crops up often, ours can vary by .5mm or more which can't help so Epson is not at fault there.

We have only had this thing since December 2021 and I can see it's potential, but the fight we have with it is unreal and unnecessary.
I am in the same boat you are. Actually joined this forum to see others input on the machine. We just are not able to get it up and running consistently for any length of time. Lot has to do with edge print as well, I think LOL

We use ours all day M-F, but our efficiency could be a lot better.

Our most recent problem with the machine (7000) is that a network change caused the printer and controller pc not to talk any more!

Which is weird, since it is connected via USB, but whatever. Nothing on that machine surprises me anymore, only irritates me.

After a nearly a whole day on support calls it's nearly back to normal, but since we had to reinstall all the software any settings that we had not backed up are now gone. Only about a week or so of color replacement settings, but still.

Why on earth would the machine lose it's mind over a different IP address when it uses USB for a connection?
None of our other direct connection machines had a similar thing happen. Not even our other epson printers, that are networked rather than USB connected.

ProColorGraphics

We use ours all day M-F, but our efficiency could be a lot better.

Our most recent problem with the machine (7000) is that a network change caused the printer and controller pc not to talk any more!

Which is weird, since it is connected via USB, but whatever. Nothing on that machine surprises me anymore, only irritates me.

After a nearly a whole day on support calls it's nearly back to normal, but since we had to reinstall all the software any settings that we had not backed up are now gone. Only about a week or so of color replacement settings, but still.

Why on earth would the machine lose it's mind over a different IP address when it uses USB for a connection?
None of our other direct connection machines had a similar thing happen. Not even our other epson printers, that are networked rather than USB connected.
That's odd you had to do all of that. I know mine was initially connected via wifi, then plugged in a network cable and had the same issue. All I had to do is change the ip address in the computer settings and it was back up and going.

ProColorGraphics

I am in the same boat you are. Actually joined this forum to see others input on the machine. We just are not able to get it up and running consistently for any length of time. Lot has to do with edge print as well, I think LOL
What kind of issues are you having? There are some minor things that are irritating, but nothing I would consider major. The main thing I run into is the vertical head alignment shifts a little, which causes banding but mostly in just white. So I have to adjust that every now and then.

That's odd you had to do all of that. I know mine was initially connected via wifi, then plugged in a network cable and had the same issue. All I had to do is change the ip address in the computer settings and it was back up and going.
It is odd for a USB connected printer to care at all about an IP address change.

Our 80600, which is connected via LAN, worked just how you would expect, change IP and move on. Not the 7000 though...