• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Equipment Grants?

ExtremeG Alamosa

Yo, Wondering if anyone has ever gotten a grant to purchase equipment i.e. man lift, CNC machine, Laser, etc. I would love to work with some of these tools but they are too damn expensive.
If you have received a grant: What organization awarded it? What was the grant "couched" under? i.e 'Bringing manufacturing back to our state','Tourism and Recreation','Advanced industries'.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Interesting, I guess business grants are really a thing. But, If you don't know how to google for info on the internet, I doubt you could learn to run any of the equipment you are wanting to buy.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Yo, Wondering if anyone has ever gotten a grant to purchase equipment i.e. man lift, CNC machine, Laser, etc. I would love to work with some of these tools but they are too damn expensive.
If you have received a grant: What organization awarded it? What was the grant "couched" under? i.e 'Bringing manufacturing back to our state','Tourism and Recreation','Advanced industries'.
Dude, you're in luck. There is help available.

I apply to the WMAO and receive funds quite frequently. Matter of fact, everything I own has come through that effort, with a lot of help from GOYAKOD.

You should look into it. They're both very generous organizations...and you don't have to give account of how you spend it.

JB

frankzilla

Dude, you're in luck. There is help available.

I apply to the WMAO and receive funds quite frequently. Matter of fact, everything I own has come through that effort, with a lot of help from GOYAKOD.

You should look into it. They're both very generous organizations...and you don't have to give account of how you spend it.

JB

Really good organizations! I've gotten quite a bit of equipment paid off as a result over the years. I 2nd these organizations.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
We’ve gotten grants to update interior lighting to LED, upgrade to more efficient air conditioning etc. Got a grant during the pandemic that covered some digital marketing and a new sublimation printer but it was being in the right time right place and it was a lot of paperwork but definitely worth it. I can’t imagine finding anything for general stud like a man lift but yeah tourism etc might be a good place to start asking. Have applied for grants we didn’t get as which was a lot of time.

I kind of doubt you’re going to find anything though…

MIPDan

Most likely you will not find a grant to help you purchase equipment. When it comes to buying equipment like you mentioned, many small businesses don't have 5K-25K (or more) sitting in the bank to purchase something straight out. Most equipment companies can direct you to a lease to own arrangement. As long as you have a confidence that equipment will bring in at least 3 times the amount that you are paying for the monthly lease then it makes financial sense.

I know when my wife and I decided to buy our first eco-solvent printer (around a 15K purchase) it was a scary decision that we spent days discussing. Now I look back and realize if we hadn't made the decision to get it I would have probably closed the business by now. I have purchased equipment when I can, but besides the printer I also lease a laminating table and have a loan on a uv printer. The laminating table doesn't make money of course, but it has significantly helped work flow which in turn allows me to take on more jobs.

Look into leasing, it might be a help. It isn't free equipment, but if that equipment will help you make more money then it could be worth it.

netsol

grants are generally money the government will give you to pursue a course of action that no one with a half a working brain would otherwise choose
congress loves to engage in "social engineering" & and if only they were capable of making an intelligent decision themselves, this system might actually work

DL Signs

Never go against the family
You only "need" a piece of equipment if/ when when you have enough work to sustain it, or you feel the market for it is good enough to risk buying it. Equipment grants are one of those things that would give an unfair financial advantage to one business, so they would then need to be available to all in the same industry to keep the market competitive, negating any reason for any to purchase anything. In the end, even grants aren't free money, so no, you won't find grants, or any other means like PPP's, etc, that would allow it.