• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Estimating software

SV Signworks

I'm sure it's here somewhere but I am not coming up with a thread about the best sign shop estimating software. Any recommendations? Thanks

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
I'm sure it's here somewhere but I am not coming up with a thread about the best sign shop estimating software. Any recommendations? Thanks
How many in the shop will actually need to enter data routinely? What is your cost expectation per month per user, realistically?

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Since you're using pencil lists, I can only recommend starting with spreadsheets, some may be found here at Signs101, mainly because those spreadsheet lists will be required to import into any software solution you find later.

Would it be a good idea to recommend the best $70K car to a person who wanted to spend $30K? Or the contrary?

SV Signworks

Okay - BUT... I haven't set a budget... I am looking for software recommendations based on other sign shop experiences. Doesn't sound like you can offer a solution or have experience with sign quoting software. thanks for your help.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Okay - BUT... I haven't set a budget... I am looking for software recommendations based on other sign shop experiences. Doesn't sound like you can offer a solution or have experience with sign quoting software. thanks for your help.
Well then, I'll start at the high end where you can't go wrong, ever. See the link...

https://jobprocentral.com/filemaker-print-industry-solution/

Know that this investment will appreciate over time the more you use it and you will get more than you paid for it when you go to resell it.

If it's too much to drive, don't hesitate to ask again for other options.;)

WildWestDesigns

One doesn't necessarily equate to the other. It was a solution (and it was one that I was going to say as well, but I approach things slightly different compared to most on here) to your question.

Estimating software at it's essence isn't hard to replicate on one's own and doing it via the above suggested method, actually yields a more customized approach out of the gate compared to hoping whatever 3rd party program you use allows for easy customization. Now, if you are actually needing a full fledge CRM type of solution, that's something else entirely (but not what you mentioned, it was estimating only).

WildWestDesigns

Well then, I'll start at the high end where you can't go wrong, ever. See the link...

https://jobprocentral.com/filemaker-print-industry-solution/
Wasn't there a MM here a few yrs ago that had a CRM program that was more? I can't remember the exact name, don't even know if they are still around period (I haven't seen a post from them on here before 2020 anyway, but time has lost all meaning lately for me and I'm not getting any younger).

WildWestDesigns

ShopVox (although it was SignVox back in the old days I think, although I faintly remember ShopVox being talked about as a new product that they were working on). It looks like they are still around.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Wasn't there a MM here a few yrs ago that had a CRM program that was more? I can't remember the exact name, don't even know if they are still around period (I haven't seen a post from them on here before 2020 anyway, but time has lost all meaning lately for me and I'm not getting any younger).
Maybe Cyrious? I understand CoreBridge Software gobbled them. CoreBridge website says their starter tier is currently $189/mo billed annually.

WildWestDesigns

Maybe Cyrious? I understand CoreBridge Software gobbled them. CoreBridge website says their starter tier is currently $189/mo billed annually.
It was SignVox/ShopVox that I was thinking about. It looks like the main guy that was on here posting (at least the one that I found looking back) was last on here in 2017. Quite a bit of time ago.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Speaking of those gobbled, the decorative apparel shop software of Printavo and InkSoft were acquired by private equity who combined the two competitors just weeks ago.

WildWestDesigns

Going to see a lot of that going on given what all has happened. I know quite a few InkSoft customers. They seemed to have liked it. Hopefully that won't change for them.

Ready

Ready To Go
Hello... I've been using Cyrious Software since 2006 and I have the 'old' version called SMS. Cyrious is powerful and easily customizable. It does everything you NEED! I don't believe it does CRM.

Still a privately owned company. Here is the link and watch some of their videos... https://www.cyrious.com/

Bob P.

WildWestDesigns

....I don't believe it does CRM.
It does.

If fact, under the Sales and Marketing heading it mentions:

"A full CRM to capture all of your customer's info."

Now, it's possible that it is modular enough that maybe can get away with not getting the CRM module or have very little CRM features at a certain price point.

Now CRM isn't a bad thing, it just adds a layer of complexity (and price) that may or may not be needed. I would also consider if it's a general CRM or specific to an industry. There can be pros and cons for the software depending on that as well. Not saying that there are, just something else to consider.