• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Everyday Vinyl

wes70

We've been using Arlon 4500 gtx for everyday go to vinyl Prices (as with everything else) have jumped up $40 a roll. Looking at something comparable such as GF203 or 3M IJ35c. Any suggestions or preferences?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For a product which will bring in several thousand dollars for so little outlay, how cheap do you really need to go ?? Perhaps you should cut back on some other items ?? Cost of gas has gone up. Have you tried using something else in your gas tank, lately ?? It's a part of doing business. Less than 6¢ should already be built into your grand scheme of things.

wes70

I agree with you all and our prices have been adjusted and will continually as materials rise in price. Always looking at reducing costs. A little here and there can add up to thousands in a year. Not only that, with material shortages it's nice to have alternatives.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
We've been using Arlon 4500 gtx for everyday go to vinyl Prices (as with everything else) have jumped up $40 a roll. Looking at something comparable such as GF203 or 3M IJ35c. Any suggestions or preferences?
4500 is a tad pricy for everyday go to vinyl. The ARLON 510 is what I use for regular sticker material. Its a good economical product and I haven't seen failure from it yet.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I like ij35c myself. Tex was going on about some GF stuff. I prefer the consistency that typically (typically!) comes with 3m's junk.
But yeah, sell that stuff for more, stuff costs more everywhere, nobody is 'complaining' (ok everybody is, but everybody is still paying for it, just with more words exchanged. Remember when we just talked about the weather when placing an order?).
I don't like that IJ35 is made in China while just about every other mainstream vinyl is made in the USA.

petepaz

we use oracal 3651 as our standard or general purpose vinyl.
but prices are going up on everything right now so rather than find a cheaper product that might not work as well just raise you prices to cover it. funny thing i noticed right now is everyone is in a hurry for their jobs but no one has complained about pricing or price increases

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I got quoted last week to fix something on my truck..... I gasped for air. A little screech came out and the guy on the other end said, yeah, I know.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
My distributor once told me it was made in Brazil when it was 60.5” wide, then they moved it to Mexico and it went to 60”.
At any rate, how do you know where it is actually manufactured? Other than asking and trusting your rep?
Yes Brazil, close enough. Either way not the USA. For as much as they charge for materials, I have a hard time accepting this when there are other manufacturers producing equal or better products here for less. Like substance. That's all I use for cal now, I hope it doesn't bite me but the stuff has been great so far.