• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Everyone's Invited

SignosaurusRex

Has signs101 ever actually had a real meetup? Or does going to a trade show get as close as it comes?!

Yes, Gino has hosted a few unofficially sanctioned 3+ day "Meet & Greets" or "Mixers" as they were called.. We in the Northwest area also held the first "Meet & Greet" over a Labor Day weekend. I believe 1 or two others also hosted. Generally one per year. They were a real blast :toasting: :covereyes::doh::rock-n-roll:...but that was back in the day. o_O At one time (before the new format and ownership), there was a pretty nice collection of photos and a great records of the teamwork of S101 members and suppliers involvement to make them a great success. Unfortunately those records seem to be gone, or at least no longer available via "Search". Apparently the solid archives have been scrubbed. (MTITRB!) Those "Mixers / Meet & Greets" were attended by members from as far away as the opposite coast and distant portions of Canada. Most of the relationships that were established and catalyzed at those events are what created some of the "Family" of S101. While many of those folks are no longer active at S101, many of us are still quite close outside of S101.:thumb:

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just tweet him..... you'll get a response.

Yep, as S'Rex said, we held some mixers here and had a blast. Like everything, some were upset that we didn't offer more or have a bigger shop and expressed their views later on, but to me an 8,800 sq ft shop with 5 indoor truck bays is good enough for me. The fun was great from breakfast to drinking at the end of the day. Everyone was responsible and acted on their best behavior. We had contests, vendors, demonstrations and food and drink all day. It took months to get ready for it, lining up door prizes, demos, vendor participation, food and just registration. In the end, it was some of the best times we've had from s101.

Should anyone else wanna take the baton, I'll help ya wherever I can.

Last edited:

Johnny Best

S'Rex has got the water boiling for the rice. Big party tonight. Hope to see some of you there. Gino said he would wait tables and keep people from rushing the stage when the pole dancer is preforming. "What happens at the turd n rice stays at the turd n rice" is tonight's motto.
Hope ikarasu makes it, he seemed a little lonely on his posts about the get-togethers.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thinkin' about going home early for a triple S. Wanna get all spruced up for the party. I had hot dogs for a late lunch, so I might skip on the main course and just munch and do some teetotaling. As for rushing the stage, I don't care, just don't knock my tee over.

I'm lucky, my pre-registered tickets just arrived in the mail today. Just in the nick of time.

Johnny Best

Gino likes to be close to the stage when the dollar bills start to fly. He puts double stick tape on the bottom of his shoes to get the bills on the floor.
The cowboy band guys have the stack of bills all ready for the After Dark dancer. They are starting to set up for the show thats starts around sundown.