• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CO Experienced sign shop leader needed in Frisco, Colorado

Our nationally recognized, full-service custom sign company is experiencing steady growth and our vinyl print studio needs a new leader. This is not an entry level position - please do not reply unless you have a minimum of five (5) years’ direct vinyl experience.

Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:

Logo and branding design

Vehicle wraps and graphics

Storefront graphics including window and wall wraps

Print and misc. sign design (banners, post and panel, promotional)

Surveys, estimating & project management

Pre-press and production

Additional duties as necessary in a small sign shop

Qualifications include:

Minimum 5 years’ sign shop and graphic design experience

Supervisor experience

Great customer service

Adobe Creative Suite and/or Corel Draw

RIP software knowledge

Large format printer, laminator and RTA vinyl cutting

Weeding / masking / installations

The interview process will include a live design test.

· We have a great team of very talented sign makers and our culture is extremely important

· Annual salary negotiable based on credentials and experience

· Benefits include contributory IRA, Health Reimbursement Account, AFLAC plan and vacation time

Visit our website: houseofsignsco.com and check out our Facebook page facebook.com/houseofsignsco. For details, send resume and digital portfolio of your work to paul@houseofsignsco.com or call 970-668-5232.

Are you looking for a production manager to run the print side, or one person to go all the way from interfacing with the customer, brainstorming, design, spec material, color correct, produce, and install? Sounds like a ton of different hats for someone that isn't an owner. Just an honest question...
Nice website, and some very nice signs.
Production manager for the print side. Yes, the job has lots of hats, as we are a small shop in a small town.

Andy D

Yes, awesome site & beautiful signs, but I have to know...
Why on earth is there a electrical outlet in the middle of the sign?

upload_2021-3-31_16-37-52.png

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
“Responsibilities include but not limited to entire end to end production from design to installation with a little bit of management and pricing”.

What skills are you more interested in? In most workplaces you’ve listed at least three different jobs here.

Kudos to the guy that’s designing, prepress, printing and installing a wrap whilst maintaining a good level of knowledge about all four of those aspects and keeping up with the latest design trends, installation techniques etc.

Andy D

“Responsibilities include but not limited to entire end to end production from design to installation with a little bit of management and pricing”.

What skills are you more interested in? In most workplaces you’ve listed at least three different jobs here.

Kudos to the guy that’s designing, prepress, printing and installing a wrap whilst maintaining a good level of knowledge about all four of those aspects and keeping up with the latest design trends, installation techniques etc.

True, a guy that could run all aspects of a sign shop is liable to get the customer list & open their own shop.
Not to brag, but I could do all those things, but would never take a position where I would be directly responsible for all those tasks on a daily basis.
Also, there would need to be at least a partial "sweat equity" ownership offered & in writing.

Yes, we need the Kudos person. I'm looking for someone who knows how to run a print shop and can help us grow the business.

RaymondLoewy

Pretty fly for a Sign Guy
Yes, we need the Kudos person. I'm looking for someone who knows how to run a print shop and can help us grow the business.
Care to post the salary range? I have a place outside of Como near the South end of Boreas Pass and wouldn't mind living in Alma. Is Hoosier Pass maintained and kept open during the winter?

Care to post the salary range? I have a place outside of Como near the South end of Boreas Pass and wouldn't mind living in Alma. Is Hoosier Pass maintained and kept open during the winter?
Yes, Hoosier Pass is kept open - CDOT plows are all over it, as many people commute from Park County to Summit County. Initial stated salary range is $48,000 - $55,000 with flexibility based on experience and all factors.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow, that doesn't seem worth it. Sorry to wreck your thread. Just stating the facts. That's not even $20 an hour for all that you want him/her to do. Regular mechanics get that at most places. That kinda responsibility is more in the 60k or 65k range to start. Maybe a trial period of 2 or 3 months first, but someone with that kinda sh!t under their belt will be gone at the first offer.

It's actually $26 per hour and we have flexibility in this and as I stated, we have flexibility in this based on experience and all factors. For the right person, we can go higher in the range you mention. We've just had trouble in the past with people over-stating their skills and experience and we end up with less than we thought we were getting.

Andy D

It's actually $26 per hour and we have flexibility in this and as I stated, we have flexibility in this based on experience and all factors. For the right person, we can go higher in the range you mention. We've just had trouble in the past with people over-stating their skills and experience and we end up with less than we thought we were getting.
You got a lot of unsolicited comments/advice (including mine) that would have pissed off most people, props for keeping even keeled and professional.

:awesome:

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
As the old saying goes, jack of all trades, master of none.

Seems like a LOT of work for someone to be responsible for without getting top dolla. As Andy D said, he can definitely do all that but doing all of that in one day, every day is crazy. I bet he can sing songs about little horses too.

I take it if you get busier, you’ll then hire people as required? I.e. an installer of the design guy is too busy?

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Yeah, I might've jumped the gun on that number. I was thinking from the owner's point of view. What you'll be adding to that salary, plus what he'll be paying out, ends up at just barely $20 an hour on your high side. Still a lotta responsibility. Good luck.

iam808

That is some great custom work - there is a very small pool of people who could "jump right in" and take on projects like that. I'm not surprised you've had trouble with the 50k range, any one who know what's involved here wouldn't find the offer enticing.

In my experience a person with 5 years in this business, who can basically run a department is shooting high. Aim for 3- 5 years, 50k, mid 20's, apprentice type. Understand they need to be trained, watched and taught a trade. And 3-5 years after that, you'll have what you're looking for today.

StarSign

I get being in a small shop and needing to wear a few hats. Maybe I would start where you need help the most and look for that person first. In my experience, I can train just about anyone to run the equipment, however designers are a different breed, that is a skill that you either have or don't. Good luck on your search, the right person is out there.