• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

expired ink (timeline) urgent.

artbot

hoping for some input asap.

a few months ago i added refillable carts to my 160sp. but did not buy endless chips. i'm running triangle with the ss1 chips off of some factory ink. they've been reading 2% for a loooong time. and i knew that sometime in july the expiration date thing would come up.

well, just now i have TIMELINE _ M _ Y lm lc_ _s2.

i'll have to order endless chips asap. or take the battery out.

my question is:

how long do i have. do i overnight chips? or do i have 30 days? i've got some crucial printing to do in the next three days and i don't want this thing to go kaput in the middle of a giant etched aluminum sheet. that would be a disaster.

thanks ahead of time for the input.

iSign

I run a Mimaki JV3, for 5 years now.. but I don't crank out a huge volume & as I seem to be very busy myself.... but the Mimaki is not incredibly busy, I've decided to run OEM inks & to just order conservatively & avoid expired inks. I have sold a few cartridges at a discount when they were about to expire, but other than that, I've done ok with my plan. As a result I don't have a lot of help to offer you, but I wonder how much you know about the battery trick?

There is one member here who has posted about that often, although he is not a regular, I think I can find his profile & you can look through his posts if that might help you. Is the endless chip your preference, and the battery thing a last resort? ...or the other way around?

If you're ok with removing the battery, he has a number of posts that may help you. I think his name is "Cole" something... maybe Cole's Creations ..I'll go look...

artbot

thanks, there's a decent bit of info on the mimaki yahoo forum as well. have yet to dig around. turned the machine off for the night.