• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Export issues

cardfan4342

First and foremost, very little experience working with files other than vector images. Running Flexi 7.6 created a file with a printcraft fill added text and a jpeg image from a royalty free site off the net. I originally added a transparent lens to the jpeg. tried to export this file as an .eps to send to versaworks for print on my vp540. Flexi locks up and will not export. tried to remove lens no help. eventually got the file to the rip by saving as a tiff but this sacrificed the quality of my text, added pixelation. any help? Thanks

PMG

The issue your having is ...........FLEXI is a memory HOG 4 gigs memory at least ......6 gigs to run good. I have 3 and have the same issues . Getting ready to bump to 4gigs ......the specs are in the flexi manual !!!!!

PMG

Not likely.. XP machines can only use 3.7 gigs of rammaximum...
Then why does Flexi crash and lock up on bigger files if its not a mem issue ? no other program i run fu**s up like Flexi does and seem allot of peeps with flexi have this issue.

cardfan4342

Photoshop or Illustrator courses are in my future. Till then I will have to continue struggling with flexi. PMG how do you like that quickmount? Would you recommend this? Just about to purchase one. Am I correct in my assumption that Illustrator would be a better route overall for signs, wraps etc? Don't have much time to spend re-educating.

PMG

Photoshop or Illustrator courses are in my future. Till then I will have to continue struggling with flexi. PMG how do you like that quickmount? Would you recommend this? Just about to purchase one. Am I correct in my assumption that Illustrator would be a better route overall for signs, wraps etc? Don't have much time to spend re-educating.
Dont want to be a :thread ill Pm you.