• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Exporting from X3

edwin

I can export from 12 and open in lxi fine.

But get an error when I try to open a file in LXI that was eported from X3

By the way I am exporting as eps.

checked all the options in the export dialog box to make sure they where the same both times.

edwin

Bump
Still hveing trouble.
If I create a file in X3, then I have to save it as version 12, then open it in version 12 and then export is as an EPS file, to be able to open it in LXI.

I did uninstall and reinstall X3.

edwin

Copy and paste does not work well for me, any round objects become rough or fuzy several short lines instead of one solid curve. Also object that are not filled either don,t transfer over or change to black instead of original color.

HardbargerSigns

Have you tried any other file types? Like cmx? It may take some time, but Corel can export many file types, LXI may prefer one of them.

Flame

Try exporting as ai.

X3 is not compatible with a LOT of programs. It just doesn't export very well. I can't tell you why, I can only tell you what it does.

Try exporting as ai. 8. That works good for me. If not that, then just start trying other formats....

gnemmas

It might be a compatibility issue being a newer version than your LXI. When we export .AI file, we would choose version 7 .ai, maybe same as EPS, try Postscript 1 or Postscript 2.

edwin

Talked to sign warehouse. They told me that if I upgraded to the newest LXI version that I would still have the same problem. Was told that Corel also owns Sign Lab and are putting filters in X3 so that you can not export to LXI.

If this is true then I am dissipointed in Corel for doing so. I think an EPS file should open in anything that uses EPS files. Also I thought that corels big thing was a drawing software that is compatible with all other image/vector type softwares.

dclet

Was told that Corel also owns Sign Lab and are putting filters in X3 so that you can not export to LXI.

that's just plain silly. What makes corelDRAW! so popular is that it is so open ended....

LXI is flexi....upgrade it. You could also try .plt or .dxf.

I suggest you check your settings and find a new place to get your info.

X3 is not compatible with a LOT of programs. It just doesn't export very well. I can't tell you why, I can only tell you what it does.

That's nonsense. .ai .eps .dxf .plt, even the pdf and swf filters work damn well. It's probably the way you are preparing your files....

edwin

Not sure I understand you. Are you saying that you have Flexi and X3 and that it works fine for you. And therefore LXI should work for me.

dclet

What version of LXI are you using....
My friend had the same issue he upgraded the filters and that solved it.

LXI is Flexi

I have X3 and a version of LXI Expert that is about 7 years old ....can't remember the version number right offhand. I Copy from Corel X3 and paste in LXI and it works fine for me .....also worked with Corel 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12. However, copy and paste does not work well going in the other direction....from LXI to Corel.

In any case, if you export from Corel as encapsulated postscript, then LXI should be able to import as .eps. I believe in LXI the import command is called "merge". Try opening a new page in LXI and then merge the file you exported from Corel X3. Maybe not the answer, but it's worth a shot.

Rod

SignLab is provided by CADlink

[FONT=Arial]edwin[/FONT] said:
Talked to sign warehouse. They told me that if I upgraded to the newest LXI version that I would still have the same problem. Was told that Corel also owns Sign Lab and are putting filters in X3 so that you can not export to LXI.

Whoever you spoke with at Sign Warehouse was misinformed. Here's a summary that should help put things in perspective:
  • SignLab (from CADlink) is specialized CAD software for the sign making industry.
  • CorelDraw (from Corel) is a general-purpose graphics software application.
    [*]The only similarity between the two companies is that they both have head offices in Ottawa.

Cheers,

Rod at CADlink

edwin

Just installed the sp1 upgrade for corel. Problem seems to be cured so far.
Thanks for every ones input.
Edwin

Tony McD

I have LXI 6.6 v1 and have used it with a couple versions of Corel.

Copy and paste works..but "sometimes" the image pastes in with jagged edges.

I have found that saving the vector from Corel as an AI version 1.1 imports into LXI perfectly every time. Just remove all the gradients and make them all solid colors, or you will have cut lines following the shades in the gradient.
If nothing else seems to consistently work for you...try it.

SignSmith

Corel

Try converting all to curves before copy/paste to Flexi or LXI. Most of the time, it cures the problem of misaligned nodes. You will have to ungroup all after pasting.