• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Extract Versaworks ICC Profiles

grafixemporium

Anyone know if it's possible to extract an ICC profile from VW on one computer and install it on another? We have an older 3M profile we use for 180cv3 that 3M doesn't have available anymore. The new profile doesn't match the old one at all. So, to be able to color match and provide consistent colors for certain clients, I really need to be able to duplicate that profile in case that RIP station goes down.

Andrew

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
If you just want the ICC, go into Media Explorer, find the preset and open it (eg. 3M IJ180 -> 1440x720 dpi), then go down to Select Profile and take note of the name.

Versaworks stores ICC profiles in the following folder based on inkset:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Roland VersaWorks\Profiles\VersaCAMM VS

Go in there, and voila... profiles should be there.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
You can also just save the entire media profile to disk, and copy that across...

Media Explorer -> Click the profile you wish to save -> Click the Save to File icon.
It will save all of the quality level presets, linearization info, and even the profile.

Copy it to the new machine, and just load it back into there via Media Explorer.