• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Extreme cold?

niksagkram

Hi. Going to check on Google, but thought I'd check here first.

I have a client who tests tanks/vessels all year round, outside, in all weather, and wants a label that will stick to the metal tank in extreme cold, -30C or so. Anybody know of a vinyl that will do that? We suggested tags, but there's not always a place to attach the tag, and magnets are too easily lost or removed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Most vinyl won't stick in extreme cold. I'd be looking into some kinda stamping method with ink. Much like a rubber stamp, but larger.

oksigns

Hi. Going to check on Google, but thought I'd check here first.

I have a client who tests tanks/vessels all year round, outside, in all weather, and wants a label that will stick to the metal tank in extreme cold, -30C or so. Anybody know of a vinyl that will do that? We suggested tags, but there's not always a place to attach the tag, and magnets are too easily lost or removed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

I came across this earlier but had no use for it. Oracal 820 Safety Vinyl

niksagkram

Most vinyl won't stick in extreme cold. I'd be looking into some kinda stamping method with ink. Much like a rubber stamp, but larger.

Yeah, we also suggested a stencil of some kind, but the info on each labels would be different, so wouldn't work for them.

bannertime

I recently saw a really neat handheld printer gun. I'm sure it's way out of the price range, but it is supposed to be able to print on anything and specifically for the purpose of labeling everything. You can pre-program information, colors, size, or manage it on site with a laptop.

Edit: http://handjet.com/

petepaz

you might need to try a polyester/mylar or even a .005 alum with out adhesive and add a 3M adhesive (check with 3M for temp ratings to get the best adhesive for the job)
maybe 468MP but not positive