• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Facebook Marketplace anyone?

garyroy

Facebook marketing for sign businesses? Not so great, in my experience. People just aren't searching for signs there. But if you're ready to ditch the marketing and focus on sales, try out usnationalleads.com , they only focus on marketing for Sign companies, and they only work for one sign company per city.

not bragging, but i got 53 new leads from Houston area from them, this month alone.
What did that cost you to get the leads?

Stacey K

I like making signs
I think it depends which area you live in. Houston is a lot bigger than my 7,000 population town. Everyone knows everyone here and mostly small businesses so FB works very well for a small town - probably not so much for a larger area.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Facebook marketing for sign businesses? Not so great, in my experience. People just aren't searching for signs there. But if you're ready to ditch the marketing and focus on sales, try out usnationalleads.com , they only focus on marketing for Sign companies, and they only work for one sign company per city.

not bragging, but i got 53 new leads from Houston area from them, this month alone.
If you're in Dallas, why do you want leads in Houston?

chester215

Just call me Chester.
All I have to do is walk outside and there is a smoky haze from the wildfires in Canada.
Smells like camping.

JamesLam

I'd say FB marketplace is about as useful as LinkedIn for developing new business in pretty well any trade. Very few really benefit from the social media distraction.

I suggest one is better to spend their resources on education, expanding services, engaging with peers and competitors, and brand aweareness.

JamesLam

Thanks everyone for all the pointers. Marketing is not my strength but I am trying to learn what I can. I do know that what worked 20 years, even 10 years ago, doesn't necessarily work today. I am going to give these ideas a shot and see what happens. Once again, thanks.
The reality is that you are not working in an environment that the seller and buyer are faceless. Selling is this market is all about developing relationships. Or simply put...talking with people. If you like each other often you can move forward. If they dislike you or are dickwads then it's unlikely you would want to work with them anyway and you'll move on.

Royal Signs and awnings

Royal Signs & Awnings
If you're in Dallas, why do you want leads in Houston?
sorry for the late reply, but we serve in Dallas, Houston & Austin :) you can google us, they do the marketing Terretory wise, like you choose the city, but they only work with one sign company per city, So I have the Houston territory and recently started marketing in Dallas

TopFliteGraphics

What was the cost per lead? How many leads converted into actual sales? Leads are great but a waste of time if it doesn't convert to money