• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fair price for used cabinet signs

I have one client that has three 3' x 20' wall mount sign cabinets that he want's to get rid of and another customer that wants 3 sign cabinets (he has plenty of room to accommodate all 3).
Just wondering what's a fair asking price for used working cabinets? I don't dabble in this sort of thing often but it's a pretty good match for both of them.
Thanks in advance

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I imagine you're gonna take them down, so if that's the case, til you figure in your labor, permits, replacing most of the innards and hauling around 20' signs.... they'd be worth maybe $500 or so a piece to purchase and if you replace all the innards, probably about $2,000 each as used boxes, plus whatever decorating you're gonna provide for the next guy.

Are they UL approved already ?? Next, can you sell them as UL approved ??

TXFB.INS

are you looking to sell them as new, used, if used reconditioned or as is.

regardless of how you sell, no more than 1/2 of retail.
In fact since you don't do these type of signs contact a wholesaler find out what your price is for a new UL cabinet sign with the same specs as these used ones.
you should not pay more for used then you would for new cabinet

MikePro

somewhere between retail minus removal/reinstall/repair/regraphic/repaint costs, so basically half retail ....and current scrap-metal prices (<$50).

honestly, waste of time unless you have the sign already sold. don't see too many "used signs-for-sale" lots for a reason.
higher likelihood that it will become a paper-weight around your shop, removal costs immediately come out of your pocket, shop floor space is priceless, and there's no guarantee that the same sign will even be allowed to go up in another client's location.