• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon II media size?

Gfx Signs

• Hello, I purchased a Falcon II 87" with several rolls of vinyl in addition to the computer and software. I have several successful prints.

However, I bought some heat applied material (24") and the printer does not read the small size. Is there a way to adjust the setting? I've looked in the manuals but I'vee run out of areas to look.

Thanks

Matt Cuellar

You either need to turn the media initial off and manually enter the size or center the roll if possible on the spindle so it reads the media sensor. Not sure if the Falcon has the same characteristics as the ValueJet, but on the 64" or 98" ValueJet, you have to center a 30" or less roll on the spindle so that it hits the media sensor which is located in the center of the pre-heater panel. Maybe some other Falcon users can comment on this....

Gfx Signs

Thanks. The mutoh manual indicated the media edge had to be within 5mm of the media guide and did not being positioned in the center.

However, I was able to go into the settings and figure out how to change the size in the printer and software. I was able to get a successful print.

Thanks for your help...

Gfx Signs

updat for mac daddy

I was able to go into the printer settings and found the media size was not low enough. the original owner never printed below 30" and I wanted 24".

Once I changed the setting in the printer and the Oyx software I was good to go. I still loaded the media close to the print head as this is required on the Mutoh.

Thanks