• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon ii outdoor Firmware Downgrade - Colors wrong?

Dsmantledyou

This morning a prong on one of the smart card sensors popped out, so It's been giving me a "not original ink message". I don't want to take the risk of taking this thing apart just to get to the sensor, since i have this big job going.

So I just downgraded to 2.11 from 2.17 and disabled the smart chips. Now all of a sudden my colors are way off. Any ideas?

Dsmantledyou

It looks like they have an option for orange and green. Im stumped with this whole smart card issue. Is there any other way to get to the sensor without having to pull apart everything in the mainboard area? I haven't been able to print at all today because of this.

Dsmantledyou

okay. So, I did a little bit of mcgyvering, and was able to pull back the prong with a hanger. I just upgraded back to 2.17. Why would the colors change between both firmwares? perhaps i downloaded the wrong one?

randya

I dont have experience with this on the FIIO, but the same is offered for the Toucan LT and I have used it.

The wave is only available and controllable from the printer panel and not the rip.
I believe that is is the original wave1 and wave2 formats that come out on the first ValueJets.

It probably slows printing down about 7%, but should improve quality and make profiles less critical.

Last edited:

Dsmantledyou

not sure, I am showing 2.18 on our website

or 3 to add the 'wave'

I'm still on type 1 cards, so I probably won't make the change until I get the type 2 cards. I guess 2.17 isn't available on the website. Good news is that I'm up and running again. Thanks again for the info though.

AdamG

Firmware downgrade

This morning a prong on one of the smart card sensors popped out, so It's been giving me a "not original ink message". I don't want to take the risk of taking this thing apart just to get to the sensor, since i have this big job going.

So I just downgraded to 2.11 from 2.17 and disabled the smart chips. Now all of a sudden my colors are way off. Any ideas?

Hi Dsmantledyou

is downgrade procedure the same and applicable to all different models or is it specific for each diff model?
which program did you use?
I have vj1304!
Anyone with any luck/info as to how to downgrade mutoh printer firmware? pls let me know a.s.a.p

the hard way I could only think of

1. removing icc bios chip off main board
2. use eeprom device to install specific desired firmware on new icc bios chip
3. solder new programed icc bios chip onto main board

NB.have only actually seen this being done on laptop mother board

would this work...anyone?