• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Issue

Tiogy

Hi all, I have been using a Falcon Outdoor for about four years or so and have been doing my own maintenance and repairs but, this is a new one for me.

I just replaced a broken steel band (Carriage belt) and am now getting lines of color running through and forming a silouette around the printed images. It started out with magenta and now includes black lines as well. These lines are not present on nozzle checks - only with print jobs so I suspect some issue in the data stream. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Camera 166.jpg
    Camera 166.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Camera 167.jpg
    Camera 167.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 84

renamer38

Hi all, I have been using a Falcon Outdoor for about four years or so and have been doing my own maintenance and repairs but, this is a new one for me.

I just replaced a broken steel band (Carriage belt) and am now getting lines of color running through and forming a silouette around the printed images. It started out with magenta and now includes black lines as well. These lines are not present on nozzle checks - only with print jobs so I suspect some issue in the data stream. Any ideas?

-Is your printer clean (wiper,capping,heads...)
-What kind of colors your are using (original or?)
-What kind of interface with ext. PC do you have (cable_etc)

*maybe electrical problem : CR board ,mainboard ....^^?=

Tiogy

Thanks for your reply

-The machine is clean - I did several extensive cleanings inside and out with a complete head wash also
-Colors are Mutoh Eco-sol Ultra
-Cat 5 cable from network hub to SEH pocket print server on printer parallel interface

The problem started immediately after the belt replacement and I opened the machine up again to recheck all of the data cables for potential damage, poor connections, etc., including the print server.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Clean your encoder strip. When you changed the belt you might have left a big nasty thumb print or something on it.

Last edited:

Tiogy

Do you have any tips for adjusting the belt for proper tension? I tightened it up quite a bit and that made no difference. I also cleaned the decoder strip a couple of times - no change.

Last edited:

randya

Do you have any tips for adjusting the belt for proper tension? I tightened it up quite a bit and that made no difference. I also cleaned the decoder strip a couple of times - no change.

With the carriage in the docking station, go to the middle of the machine and put a single finger on the belt, you should barely be able push in and to deflect the belt enough to touch the beam.

Tiogy

Thanks for the tip but, no luck on the belt tightening - the Tech I contacted thinks that the head driver board may have been damaged when the belt broke so I guess I'll try replacing that next.

Update: The tech suggested that I try to eliminate one other possibility - that being a possible issue with the pocket print server. I bypassed that by hooking a printer cable directly to the port on the printer and I finally got a clean print test. There still exists a possible cause in the software as I had to use another PC to run the test due to the lack of a parallel port on my main PC. I will continue to narrow down the possible causes and report back when I know more.

I thank you all for your help

Last edited:

Tiogy

Final Solution

Before almost buying a new printer, I contacted Dell tech support and they helped me troubleshoot the issue. It turned out to be a glitch in Flexi's Production Manager. All I had to do was change the profile, try a test print and it works perfect. Then I changed back to the original ICC profile and the issue is gone - stupid simple.

Again - thanks for the tips and suggestions guys - :U Rock: