• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Jr. and black ink bleed??

Slack11

I've just bought a Falcon Jr. and am working on my "learning Curve" One thing that I am running into is that when I print a file that is saved as a jpeg, I have no problems, but if I send a EPS file, I get bleeding of the black ink, or there are streaks following all the smaller letters?

Is this normal? I'm also wondering if it is a function of the RIP software, I only Have the Flexi Photoprint SE, which has been a pain to work with anyway. ( I'm working on getting another RIP program....)

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
When was the last time you cleaned the edges of the print heads, the seals on the capping station, and the wiper?

Flame

I'd check around your heads too. Lint, fluff and junk gets caught under there, and ink builds up and it leaves streaks everywhere (just cleaned mine).

ALSO, if it is a vector file, check the values of your color black. You'll want it at K100. Some people design it at C100 M100 Y100 K100 though.... and that's just too much ink to be laying down, and it makes a mess when you go to print.

So check those two things and give us a full report!

Steve C.

Remove the black cover plate at the left end of the printer. Make sure the
lever is down, drag the print head carriage all the way to the left. This will
allow you to get underneath with a lint free cloth and alcohol to clean the
print heads. After they are wiped of you will need to do a power cleaning.

My favorite way to do a cleaning is by placing a seringe on the end of the
hoses, press the head carriage all the way to the right, and draw the ink
through with the seringe. And I usually put a few drops of cleaning fluid in
the capping station first. This saves ware and tear on the hoses in the
pump.

Graphics2u

Check the color mix you are using for black. I use k100 c30 y30 m30. k100 will not give you a true black, and a Black RGB mix of 0,0,0, will laydown way too much ink. Youmight want to use the color replacement features in the rip to change any RGB 0,0,0, to C30 m30 y30 k100. And clean the fuzz off the edges of your printhead. If it is putting down too much ink then any fuzz balls on the head are much more likely to drag through the thincker amounts of ink like you are describing.

The Falcon Jr does not have a maintenance station on it's left side.

It makes printhead cleaning with a swab a real chore (tip - get the thinnest swabs possible).

Bob