• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Jr. Magenta not printing

Dose anyone have any ideals what could be causing the magenta to print like in the picture. It doesn't want to print the first 3/4" or so of printing. It doesn't matter where it starts at on the vinyl it does the same thing. Once it starts printing it prints the rest of the way across fine. If I run a print with red I have to put a bar of red down the side of the print in order to get a good print. I have checked for air leaks and replaced the damper. The damper seemed to fix it but only for 1 day.

Attachments

• 2015-02-13 09.45.07.jpg
    2015-02-13 09.45.07.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 98

heyskull

If it is not a faulty damper, O ring seals or leaking pipework it might be a leaking manifold.
As these use the very old Epson DX2 heads I do not have first hand knowledge of this.
On a further note it could be a bad seal on the capping station.

SC

studio10

I agree with heyskull. I had Mutoh Rockhopper I with DX2 heads and a similar problem. Mostly had problem with bad seal on capping station so I change it. If I remember there is note about adjusting the capping position in service manual. I also changed dampers several times. Once I used non OEM dumpers and the small O rings on them not seals so I use O rings from old dampers.

CRD

From experience:

The first thing I would check are all the tubes from the cappingstation through the pump to the waste bottle. If one is blocked use flushing fluid and let it rest a while so it can clean the whole line. The tubes from the cappingstation to the pump are prone to clogg quickly. I clean them with cleaning fluid and a syringe every two weeks to keep them open. If a tube (black or color) is blocked there is no head suction by the cappinstation and the pump and the head will not be cleaned but due to the regular piezo working the head will print after a while. I hope this helps. Let me know.
I put my JR aside due to defective color head missing 4 nozzles and abnormal head prices at known sellers. Indonesian sellers still have cheap DX2 color heads but no one can confirm you will ever receive a head. ;-)

Looking into a VJ628 now.

Paco

chester215

Just call me Chester.
+1 on CRD'S post on the waste tubes clogging.

I do have a couple of new, never used dx2 heads left over from a falcon I just scrapped for sale.

It is outside in the snow, if you need any parts they are free+ shipping.

Upgraded a couple of years ago to latex and have never been happier.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Waste lines are fine, I check them often. I don't think the cap station would effect it since it's only the magenta, cyan and yellow are on the same head and there's no problem. I will have to go back and check for bad o-rings or a line from the head to the cartridge.

Stuart