• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Outdoor 2 heater error

adman6811

We recently purchased a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 2 64 for a back up for our 1614 and are having some problems.

We are getting a message saying "connection err. b2". I am guessing that has to do with the b2 fixer heater....but what is causing the connection problem. We've looked it over and are afraid to do a lot of things to it. No service technician in the Little Rock area that we are aware of.

Help please!!!!!!!!!

adman6811

Mutoh heater problem continues

I replaced the B 2 Heater strip. Worked at first...not it is showing "Error B Group"......any ideas. Wish we had semi-local service people in Little Rock.

randya

I replaced the B 2 Heater strip. Worked at first...not it is showing "Error B Group"......any ideas. Wish we had semi-local service people in Little Rock.

Error B group - Heaters B Temperature difference higher then 15°C between​
the sensors of the B heaters.

So I take it that there are multiple thermocouples in the B group and they are not reading withing 15C of each other.

Check the mounting of the thermocouples.

Do you have an IR thermometer?
http://www.harborfreight.com/non-contact-laser-thermometer-96451.html

You could use this to find either hot spots or cold spots, and perhaps lead you to the area that is having the problem.

adman6811

Thanks for the info.....we changed the temperature setting and it has not errored out. Now it isn't printing black or cyan.....looks like this one is going to be a hobby.

randya

Not printing at all?
Cables, connections, fuses.

Printing some:
Put a syring on the output of these caps.
If you have no vacuum, then you need to check the condition of the caps and the alignment to the heads.

Stealth Ryder

I have seen this exact scenario before... One leg of a sensor had broken free from the wire. I carefully peeled the strip back enough to get to it, re-soldered it and all was well... Not saying this is for sure your problem but did resolve the issue I was dealing with at the time...

adman6811

Thanks guys...will try that. We do not have a local service person in the state so we have to try and figure this out ourselves!!!